San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Internal Audit provides independent and objective assessments of the effectiveness of risk management activities and the internal control environment. Reporting to the Internal Audit Director, Corporate and Risk Management, the Internal Audit Manager has responsibility for the independent and objective assurance activity designed to improve the firm’s operations by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. This position is also responsible for liaising with first and second lines of defense, external co-sourcing provider, and regulators. The Internal Audit Manager will focus on Schwab's Risk Management Organization.
What you’ll do:
- Supervise day-to-day audit execution activities to ensure standards of quality, effectiveness, and efficiency are met.
- Direct and supervise the design and successful execution of audits included in the internal audit plan and provide strategic and proactive consultation in identifying risk exposures and in evaluating solutions for internal control weaknesses and regulatory compliance issues.
- Continuously monitor for changes in the business that may affect the risk environment and, therefore, require possible changes to the audit plan or to the scope of planned audits.
- Assists in the management of a co-sourced team of internal audit professionals ensuring work is performed in accordance with IIA standards and is consistent with the department’s Charter and Policies and Procedures.
- Review key internal audit work papers including planning documents and audit reports to ensure clear identification and communication of risks and issues prior to presentation to senior management.
- Maintain business relationships with appropriate levels of management ensuring Internal Audit is aware of key changes to business activities and objectives for appropriate response.
- Identify themes, trends, and emerging risks for escalation and communication to executives, audit, and risk committees.
- Provide a thoughtful, risk-based perspective and help oversee all parts of the internal audit program including, but not limited to, risk assessment, audit plan development, audit plan execution, continuous monitoring, and project reviews.
- Promote the increased use of data analytics techniques to evaluate large data sets for trends and anomalies.
- Address issues during the integrated internal audit process by gathering facts, developing potential solutions, determining the best solutions, and implementing an action plan to solve the problem.
- Evaluate the adequacy and timeliness of management's response and the corrective action taken on all significant weaknesses noted in the report.
What you have:
- 5+ years of internal audit or risk management experience with increasing responsibility. Financial services and/or Big 4 Accounting experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience either managing internal audits over risk management functions or working within the risk management function, within a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in one or more of the following risk management functions is critical: model, capital stress testing, liquidity risk, and/or enterprise.
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas: capital management, model risk management, CCAR/DFAST, Advanced Approaches (Basel).
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory guidance and expectations of internal audit coverage related to SR 12-17, SR 11-7, and/or SR 15-19/SR 15-18.
- CPA, CIA, CISA, CRM or other applicable certification preferred.
- Ability to lead a project team and cultivate a strong working relationship with external co-sourcing provider, regulators, and internal lines of businesses.
- Stays current on industry and regulatory issues and best practices for assigned areas; imparts this knowledge to the team and the auditees.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to anticipate issues and to design appropriate solutions
- Leverages relationships and insights to successfully influence others. Builds authentic and trusted relationships to create alignment and support.
- Thrives on initiating, building and cultivating strong relationships inside and outside advancing the goals and the future of the company; highly collaborative; comfortable with debate and willing to challenge the status quo; navigates and activates alignment across organizational silos and upward through the Management hierarchy.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs, Banking-6+ yrs, Banking-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Internal Audit, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Regulatory, Risk Analysis, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Thursday, June 29, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, September 1, 2017