Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
Christine Marie Hill
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Sr. Security Engineer – Cryptography; will work with various levels of management, and a wide-variety of Data Owners. Must be able to appropriately escalate problem issues to software Vendors for action.
What you’ll do:
The Cryptography team is responsible for platform ownership and administrator duties of all Cryptography and Enterprise Key Management solutions. These duties included software installation/upgrade and patching, configuration specifications, performance tuning, monitoring report creation and ensuring the availability of the Hardware and Software infrastructure. Candidate must have experience with various operating systems, knowledge of database functionality, data management concepts, and great communication skills in order to work effectively with various internal groups, and software Vendors. The Group will work with security, risk management, database, application and server teams to ensure protection of critical data and availability of services for data access and key management operations. The Group will maintain a very close working relationship with the data owners, risk management and operations teams to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and other Security best practices.
What you have:
- Must have 8+ years of information technology experience.
- 5+ years hands on Unix/Linux and/or windows admin experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Solid understanding of operating systems (Linux, Microsoft, Solaris, AIX etc)
- Expert understanding of database administration and security with SQL, Oracle and DB2.
- Must have experience with set-up, configuration and troubleshooting of encryption and enterprise key management systems/applications and high initiative to become an SME with the product.
- Experience Building, implementing and maintaining mission critical, highly available (7 x24) systems.
- Install and configure agents on Unix/Linux and/or Windows Servers.
- Ability to Develop and Maintain Installation and configuration procedures.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer or DBA certification is a PLUS.
- Perform regular maintenance and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Experience with performing back up operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Hands on experience with Vormetric Data Security Appliance.
- Hands on experience with HPE Voltage tokenization and format preserving encryption.
- 3 years of database information security technology experience or database administration.
- Demonstrated ability to research recommend innovative and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Identify approaches that leverage existing or future resources and provide economies of scale.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, June 27, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017