San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM), the asset management arm of Charles Schwab Corporation (Schwab), has approximately $300 billion in assets under management (AUM) and is one of the nation’s largest retail money managers. CSIM provides a wide variety of products ranging from money market funds, index mutual funds, actively managed mutual funds, exchange traded funds and asset allocation fund-of-funds. As a provider of core investment products, CSIM is both an important enabler in fulfilling Schwab’s mission of helping everyone be financially fit and a critical engine in the company’s profitability and growth.
What you’ll do:
The Sr. Manager of COO Business Administration will manage the daily operations related to supporting the CSIM organization and office of the COO by supporting the COO in communications, strategic projects and providing business support for CSIM and the COO Senior Leadership teams (FACTOR; Financial Reporting, Accounting, Custody, Treasury, Operations/Oversight, Reporting). Primary objective is to execute on the strategy of the organization and fully support company objectives.
Some examples of key areas of responsibility include:
- Executive Communications: The Senior Manager will write presentations and talking points for the COO, as well as evolving the executive communications strategy and platform for all of his FACTOR team. The Sr. Manager will manage and deliver all required CFO/COO reporting for the Schwab, Laudus and ETF respective Boards, Fund Administration Monthly Management and ad-hoc presentations for COO in addition to CSIM and COO Senior Leadership Team. The Senior Manager will also improve and implement employee communication and recognition plans – FACTOR Director Award, #Leap, PRIMA and SendWords
- Business Support: The Senior Manager is also responsible for supporting the COO and FACTOR Leadership Team by setting agendas and facilitating the leadership meetings, offsites and quarterly All Hands meeting. Sr. Manager will also maintain and update various internal and external reports and various iKnow sites that support the COO and board management process.
- Strategy Projects: The Senior Manager is responsible for supporting the COO on delivering high-value strategic projects to CSIM and the FACTOR team. Project work may include research, financial analysis, one-off project management, employee engagement, location strategy and real estate management.
Other areas of importance
- Perform data research and analysis from wide range of internal and external sources
- Act as a “go to” person for COO and FACTOR Leadership team
- Manage department iKnow environment (i.e., SharePoint) including:
- Site administration
- Content management
- Ability to develop effective presentations in PowerPoint for internal and external audiences
- Experience serving the financial services industry
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to synthesize data, develop recommendations, influence partners and report on status
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and strategic thinking capabilities to develop strategies for COO and his FACTOR Leadership team
- Inquisitive learner, technically adept, willingness to try new things
- Cross-functional and cross-company project management and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced and a matrix environment
- A ‘can-do’, results-oriented approach to business
- Interest and ability in working both independently and highly collaboratively
- A clear understanding of business fundamentals (e.g. financial statements, business functions, organization structure).
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Tuesday, June 27, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, August 25, 2017