Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is recruiting to hire a driven, results-oriented software application engineer who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests. We are in the midst of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. We are looking for a Mid-Level .Net/C# server side application developer with a passion for software development and experience in coding highly scalable mission critical applications with high performance, multi-threaded, high capacity backend applications. The candidate must be able to analyze, propose, and implement custom software in a timely manner while delivering a high degree of quality, security and performance.
What you’ll do:
- Design, development, testing, implementation and documentation of business solutions
- Codes and tests technical solutions, identify deficiencies and proactively recommends best practice technical solutions.
- Contribute to development and implementation of RESTful web services
- Ensures that all development practices are in compliance with employer's best practices policies and procedures
- Understands the necessity of and contributes to coding standards
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
- Communicate effectively with other disciplines including Managers, Architects, Developers, Project Management, Test, Infrastructure/ and Production Support within and outside the organization
- Coding and testing of new modules based on technical specifications as needed.
- Maintenance of existing product code, as required.
- Support and maintain the company’s existing production software solutions and core technologies.
What you have:
- 3-5 years of experience successfully designing and deploying enterprise applications with C# and .NET in a multi-threaded application software development.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related fields is required.
- Candidate must have experience in writing the code for high performance, high scalability.
- Code quality improvement through design/code reviews and advanced debugging techniques.
- Proven Experience developing and maintaining highly scalable server-side distributed web services serving thousands of client requests per sec.
- Experience in application development for reliability, scalability, performance, robustness, security, manageability, and maintainability/extensibility are very important.
- Strong coding skills, especially in the area of Object-orientation, with knowledge of design patterns and/or well-architected frameworks (like .NET).
- Knowledge of and adherence to best practices for bug free coding, unit-testing, etc. is a must.
- Experience in WebAPI, LINQ, Async, WCF, XML, JSON, XSLT.
- Knowledge of SOA, SaaS, REST/Web Services, etc. and skills in the areas of unit-testing, performance analysis, debugging, and Secure Software Development
- Experience creating own unit test programs to verify correct functioning of server applications and services.
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies
- Excellent communication, documentation, organization and interpersonal skills.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Monday, June 19, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, January 1, 2018