Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Join a fast paced and dynamic distributed technology development team supporting Schwab's Enterprise Security Master (ESM) platform built on a vendor supplied product from GoldenSource. ESM is an emerging platform and will continue to be a vital component of Schwab's modernization. We have customized the platform to enhance performance and delivery with both security and pricing objects, caching of data, message publication and inquiry and update services insuring we are using optimal technical capabilities. You will keep our caching, publishing and service infrastructure current with the latest Schwab technical infrastructure, expanding functionality to support new consumer requirements, with a laser focus on performance impacts, and insuring access is appropriately secured. This is especially important as ESM data will eventually be used by nearly all applications at Schwab! P
Note: For clarification, the GoldenSource Enterprise Security Master is the firm’s system of record for Financial Securities, covering all instruments and asset classes including, Equities, Fixed Income, Options and Mutual Funds. It is not related to Information Security.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in the designing and implementing web and standalone applications using Java / J2EE /.NET and modern technologies to support a large, complex, mission critical application with a particular focus on delivering ESM data to our consumers.
- Participate in various software engineering projects using advanced development patterns and component based architecture.
- Actively collaborate with the ESM technical team including development, design, review, integration test and deployment activities.
What you have:
- Bachelor degree Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related discipline
- Strong and broad technical skills with 3 to 5 years of experience
- Practical knowledge of OOP and distributed environments: .net, java, XML, web services, MQ & messaging services, Web/Application servers (WebSphere), Oracle SQL & PL/SQL
- Demonstrated experience working with (very) large databases, preferably experience with Oracle.
- Strong documentation skills with ability to write technical documentation for release presentations, work item/ticket descriptions, issue recaps
- Self-motivated with passion for resolving technical problems quickly and in line with platform strategy and vision
- Experience communicating, collaborating and partnering with both technical and business partners
- Interest in learning GoldenSource, if you do not have previous experience
- Experience with Security Master data platforms preferred
- Experience with GoldenSource highly preferred
- Ability to learn new technologies/adapt to new platforms quickly
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, June 16, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, August 3, 2017