Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Offer/Order Technology organization is looking for a motivated and energetic experienced Senior Manager to advance our platform offerings. The Offer/Order Technology organization at Schwab is comprised of teams that support Schwab business goals through the delivery of technology solutions that focus on providing enhancements and functionalities that are needed to support our client's offers, orders, and eligibility information.
What you’ll do:
As a member of the management team you will be tasked with leading the future core platforms, mentoring and developing engineering staff, and influencing the security, integration, service, and host architecture of internal front- and back- end applications. You will be immersed in a collaborative, innovative, and technically challenging environment with opportunities to lead software engineering projects through the entire software development lifecycle.
You will also have the opportunity to work on a number of development and infrastructure related projects charged with improving the overall development and operational process as well as performance, capacity, availability, and security.
What you have:
- 8 years of experience in software development and or QA management
- A background as a software developer or QA
- 5+ years of enterprise software application project experience, with project management, resource management, and offshore vendor management capabilities.
- 3+ years of experience with running medium to large to complex projects with multiple dependencies
- Strong knowledge of the financial industry
- Experience successfully driving technology change initiatives in an organization
- Ability to coach, manage and grow staff.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
- Experience fostering an innovation culture and a thirst for technology innovation
- Expert knowledge of software development, testing, maintenance and support
- Professional experience building distributed scalable enterprise-class Microsoft .NET or Java web applications
- Strong programming background and software development lifecycle background
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, June 16, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, September 30, 2017