Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is looking for a Sr. Engineer to join for our newly built Cloud engineering team. You should be a programmer at heart and someone who truly enjoys building solutions using the latest technologies and innovations and shares our passion for excellence. You are expected to be a hands-on lead developer on our Azure platform who excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment building high quality, high performance, and scalable software. Your role will be split equally between design, hands-on development, and providing mentorship to our junior developers. This will require the successful candidate to be responsible for some of the most difficult/complex coding contributions, in addition to mentoring the team. Our ideal candidate is a confident self-starter who's not afraid to dive into areas they may not familiar with, communicates well, and is passionate about cloud services, technology and the web. Lastly, they must be able to work with team members across disparate locations and with products on different cloud providers.
What you’ll do:
- Working with technical teams in delivering highly scalable and reliable applications that meet business budgets/timelines while ensuring alignment to strategic technology vision
- Work with Scrum Master and product owner to provide development sizing & cost analysis estimates
- Work closely with product owner and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as test driven development to achieve software quality standards.
- Support integration efforts to build whole systems from various sub-systems Hands-on development and mentoring as necessary for other members of the development team
- Build durable systems/applications and ensuring a low MTTR (mean time to resolution).
- Identify technology gaps/risks early and establish mitigation plans
- Create artifacts for each project such as Software Architecture documentation, Technical Use Cases, and Code Review Packages Prototype, validate and create specific application solutions for the business (as necessary)
What you have:
- 7+ years of hands-on software development experience with at least 1 year focused on Azure-based solutions
- 3+ years of experience designing large scalable web solutions
- Hands on experience with Azure, AWS, Google Cloud or one of the other major IaaS providers
- Deep knowledge of Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Strong experience developing REST and SOAP-based Web Service API(s) in a transaction processing environment
- Proficient with PowerShell (and/or other scripting languages - Shell, Ruby, Python, etc...
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code concepts.
- Solid systems administration understanding (especially Windows)
- Proficient managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and, problem-solving skills with an ability to identify problems/gaps, assess the requirements to address, and get buy-in to implement solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various level of technical and non-technical management
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related fields is required. Financial Industry experience (plus)
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, June 16, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, September 17, 2017