Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is recruiting to hire a Sr. Manager who will be responsible for DevOps within our newly built Cloud Ops team. This leader will be responsible for teams who will monitor our platforms availability, performance, deep triaging of incidents, and support our development, technology and business partners’ when first coming onto our platforms or using our products. In addition to this, the leader will be responsible for recruiting, performance management, and career growth. Our ideal candidate is a confident self-starter who's not afraid to get their hands dirty and has a strong operations background, communicates well, and is passionate about cloud services, technology and the web. Lastly, they will be required to manage resources across disparate locations and products ranging from caching technologies and No-SQL databases to PaaS hosting platforms across public/private/hybrid clouds, so should be a quick study when it comes to new technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for operational delivery and Production support focusing on proactive monitoring, rapid response for PaaS and Application services
- Managing day-to-day activities and influence team members to leverage, follow and support agile software development practices; includes the following:Identify and document the roles, tasks, and responsibilities of each team member
- Develop and document resourcing roadmaps, budgets and schedules
- Ensure team is properly engaged, aware of career milestones/path, aware of their role on the team and how it relates to others, lastly aware of their contributions to our overall goals Lead all recruiting activities across the team (create different avenues when necessary)
- Setup and ensure proactive daily system monitoring and (when necessary) guiding teams to triage, troubleshoot and remediate incidents/outages
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams to provide expertise and support on key initiatives with a focus on system availability and reliability (and ensuring a low MTTR)
- Identify gaps/risks early and establish mitigation plans (both technically & with regards to resources)
- Increase the overall visibility of their team; celebrate/track accomplishments and build relationships with key leaders in other groups
- Continually strive for improvements in process, talent acquisition/retention, application time-to-market and quality.
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material
What you have:
- 4+ years of software development or operations management/leadership experience with at least 1 year focused on cloud technologies
- Adept at troubleshooting and administering Windows and Unix systems, fine tuning instrumentation and alerting systems.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve business and service impacting problems, evaluating all alternatives and consulting with other technical members of the organization is required.
- Familiarity with Azure, AWS, Google Cloud or one of the other major IaaS providers
- Familiarity with logging/application monitoring tools such as: AppDynamics, Splunk, Zabbix, Nagios
- Familiarity with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) concepts and leading implementation to increase automation and reduce overall support
- Experience with debugging using Windbg and/or Netmon/Wireshark Knowledge of Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) initiatives and successful operational models
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, Go or other related tools)
- Experience with TFS and/or Git, JIRA and related Atlassian stack (confluence, stash, hipchat)
- Experience with environment provisioning and deployment automation (Chef/Puppet)
- Experience with Web Servers (IIS/ Tomcat/JBoss/IBM WebSphere)
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-System Administration-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, June 16, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, September 17, 2017