Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
Erika Jessica Pullem
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Managed and Advised Account Operations (MAAO) team performs a variety of functions and services for both Advisor Services and Investor Services clients enrolled in Schwab’s Managed Account products and the Schwab Private Client offer.
Within MAAO, the Managed Accounts Reconciliation and Support Team plays an integral role in providing support to internal staff and money managers via the Fiserv/APL database used for the Schwab Managed Account Sponsored platforms. A critical function of this team is the pre-market account reconciliation performed daily on all managed accounts. The team is comprised of members located in both Phoenix and Orlando. In addition to processing daily and weekly validation reports, the team also responds to escalations, service issues and operational questions received via email, phone and comtrack. Internal requests for Advised Offer billing adjustments are also handled by this team.
What you’ll do:
In this role, you will be asked to switch gears throughout the day to assist with meeting critical cut-off times or high volume spikes. Ideal candidate will need to be comfortable with direct client interaction as they receive and make inbound/outbound calls and network internally to research and resolve operational issues. To be effective in this role, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Compare output from multiple sources, identify and research discrepancies in information and take appropriate action to resolve.
- Work independently to accomplish tasks and interact and work well within a team environment and with cross-site partners to resolve issues.
- Understand general trading functions and the different security types.
- Handle complex and high risk issues.
- Meet time critical deadlines (pre- and post-market cut-off times) in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist in the development of additional controls and identification of preventative measures.
- Maintain flexibility in schedule to support either pre-market reconciliation or afternoon hotline coverage, depending on the position being filled.
What you have:
- Brokerage, banking back office or operational experience, coupled with customer service skills and experience.
- Accounting and reconciliation experience (3-5 years preferred).
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of the Schwab Private Client and Managed Account business at Schwab and the Schwab systems is a plus, as is experience with Fiserv/APL.
- Must possess effective problem resolution and relationship management skills and a strong sense of teamwork.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Series 7, 63 licenses required.
- Series 9, 10 licenses highly preferred.
This position can be filled at a Specialist or Sr. Specialist level depending on experience.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Trading-6+ yrs, Trading-2-5 yrs, International-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, International-2-5 yrs, Banking-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Wednesday, June 14, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, August 19, 2017