San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Internal Job Title: "Senior Specialist - Corporate Governance"
The Office of Corporate Governance supports the Boards of Directors and Committees for The Charles Schwab Corporation and subsidiaries. It is responsible for legal and regulatory matters pertaining to public companies and financial services holding companies, as well as the directors and officers thereof. As the Senior Specialist, Corporate Governance, you will provide administrative support for the Board of Directors and Committees of The Charles Schwab Corporation and for the Office of Corporate Governance and will assist with various annual and quarterly projects.
What you’ll do:
- Provide logistical support for Board/Committee meetings, including, coordinating catering and supplies, reserving conference rooms and calendaring meetings in Outlook
- Assist with compilation, copying, assembly and distribution of Board/Committee materials and other documentation (electronic and hard copy)
- Assist with travel arrangements, expense reimbursements and director retainer payments
- Prepare accurate correspondence, including cover letters and emails, and track responses when necessary
- Assist with diligence requests from internal/external parties and schedule document reviews
- Assist with registration/attendance for Annual Meeting of Stockholders
- Assist with maintenance of corporate records and other files (electronic and hard copy), archive appropriate materials and update databases/indices
- Provide administrative support to members of the Office of Corporate Governance, process invoices and oversee department office supplies
- Work on special projects as requested
- Handle confidential information with professionalism and discretion
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience as an administrative assistant or legal administrator
- Experience organizing and assembling large volumes of documents
- Ability to anticipate deadlines and adjust priorities as necessary
- Ability to balance and accurately complete multiple projects under strict deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Eagerness to learn and assume additional responsibilities
- Computer skills – proficient in Microsoft Office 2003/2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat; able to learn new programs quickly
- Familiarity with corporate governance documentation a plus, but not required
Key Factors for Success in This Role:
- Organizational Skills: Consistently manages workload effectively, uses resources efficiently and orchestrates multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Arranges information and files in a useful manner. Ensures that all follow-up responsibilities are completed timely and with minimal supervision.
- Communication Skills: Able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Can get messages across that have the desired effect. Effective verbal communication with business partners while assisting with all aspects of meeting logistics. Presents oneself clearly and articulately when speaking with an individual or before a group assuring that others fully comprehend the intended message.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manages the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience base and calling on other references and resources as necessary. Thinks of several possible explanations or alternatives for a situation and anticipates potential obstacles and develops contingency plans to overcome them. Identifies the information needed to solve a problem effectively. Presents problem analysis and recommended solution to others rather than just identifying or describing the problem itself. Acknowledges when one does not know something and takes steps to find out.
- Process-Oriented Attitude: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done, knows how to organize people and activities, understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow, understands business needs and trends and can see opportunities for synergy and integration.
- Attention to Detail: Double-checks the accuracy of information and work product to provide accurate and consistent work. Provides information on a timely basis and in a usable form to others who need to act on it. Carefully monitors the details and quality of own and others’ work. Expresses concern that things be done right, thoroughly and precisely. Completes all work according to procedures and standards.
- Comfortable around Senior Leaders/Directors: Can deal comfortably with senior leaders/directors and understands how they think and work. Can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs. Can craft approach likely to be seen as appropriate and positive.
- Client Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients. Acts with the client in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Administrative Support-2-5 yrs, Administrative Support-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Wednesday, June 28, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, August 1, 2017