Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Christina Antoinette Peyer
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Stock Plan Services (SPS) provides a variety of solutions to large, publicly traded companies for the administration of their Equity Compensation plans, including stock options, restricted stock, and employee stock purchase programs. SPS offers solutions for the administration of these plans up to and including full outsourcing capabilities for the recordkeeping and employee services. Our mission is to provide a world class experience for our clients and to provide the opportunity for the employees of our corporate clients to achieve their financial fitness goals. Stock Plan Services is seeking a Financial Reporting Manager who has a deep understanding of share-based payment concepts.
What you’ll do:
The Financial Reporting Manager will be responsible for providing consulting services to corporate clients on the application of accounting concepts in the Schwab EquiView system. This position requires subject matter expertise in both ASC 718 and IFRS 2 and the ability to deliver training on advanced accounting topics both internally and externally. This position will be responsible for identifying system enhancement and development opportunities based on client needs and regulatory changes. Additionally, this position will create and maintain whitepapers and all other accounting documentation. Responsibilities Include:
- Subject matter expert in domestic and international share-based payment concepts
- Understand overall stock plan record-keeping system architecture and functionality
- Understand the Schwab EquiView financial reporting system form settings configuration to expense and disclosure reporting calculations
- Support Client Service in providing proactive financial reporting support to administration clients and make recommendations when appropriate to address reporting challenges
What you have:
- At least 5 years work experience in the financial services industry
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated-- able to work independently on a variety of tasks while achieving team-oriented objectives and collaborating with stakeholders where appropriate
- Must be well organized and able to effectively manage own time
- Demonstrate excellent critical analysis with a very high attention to detail to improve existing processes and innovate solutions
- Leverage strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively explain data and analysis in a compelling manner to all levels of leadership
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office application such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CEP (preferred)
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Retirement Services-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree
Category:Stock Plan Services
Activation Date: Wednesday, June 14, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, January 1, 2018