Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This position is to provide AEROSPIKE Production Support for Trading applications . 90% of Trading Applications call Aerospike for trading needs. This role it to strengthen the team for providing ongoing Maintenance, Onboarding new applications, Developing process for Aeorspike usage and maintenance.
What you’ll do:
Manage 3-5 mid-sized projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Ability to work with several stakeholders across the Organization including Development, Tools, Availability teams , Manage production issues by coordinating across impacted groups including Business, Technical and Service consumers . Demonstrate solid experience and understanding of Agile Scrum and/or Rational Unified Process Methodology.
What you have:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer science or Engineering
- Technical Savvy to understand the Software Development Lifecycle Process ( SDLC) .
- Ability to converse with technical SMEs on issues and requirements
- 5-6 Years of experience working in Windows environment supporting applications
- 5-6 years of working experience in application support team. Responsibilities include
- Application Deployment to Non Production and Production environments
- Understand how Performance Metrics is generated for an application
- Familiarity with End to End Automation , IBM MQ Event processing
- Trouble shooting skills include problem triage, analysis , recommendation and root cause where possible
- Work in Dev/Ops Model include Development, Quality Assurance, Business teams
- 4-5 Years of experience managing applications in production environment
- 5-6 years of experience working with both onshore and offshore teams
- Experience working with Change Management tools similar to BMC Remedy for production changes
- 2-3 Years of experience using MS Office tools
- 2-3 years of Automation skills
- Good Listening skills demonstrated along with attention to details and ability to track issues to resolution
- Self managed, able to complete assigned tasks within agreed timelines
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Wednesday, June 14, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, January 1, 2018