Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Toni L Pohle
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Cost Basis Operations (CBO) provides premium cost basis researching, updating and reporting services for all client segments, and as such works in close partnership with AS Client Reporting, TAXI, CRS, among others. CBO is the business owner for SPARKS (Schwab Portfolio Accounting and Record Keeping System) and is responsible for cost basis data quality. CBO provides leadership in the multi-year product development and roll out of the Schwab regulatory Cost Basis products.
What you’ll do:
Responsibilities of this position include researching, reconciling, and updating cost basis for both retail and institutional (advisors) clients.
Please note: This position will be hired at a GL 55 (Specialist) or GL 56 (Sr Specialist) based on background, experience and licensing.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 2+ years of experience working in financial services industry
- Highly motivated and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a passion for service quality
- Expertise in cost basis reporting topics such as impact of return of capital transactions, corporate actions, amortization/ accretion, etc.
- Knowledge of portfolio accounting systems
- Series 7 license preferred
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 24, 2017