Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is recruiting to hire a results-oriented technology leader with a strong track record of technology-enabled business delivery, and building and developing high performing teams. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests. The Cash and Stock Solutions Technology (CSS) group supports Move Money and Core Brokerage business capabilities to Schwab’s Retail and Institutional businesses by developing innovative, unique-in-class investment products, and are looking for a Managing Director who will excel in leading a dynamic team, in a fast-paced and agile environment. We are in the process of rapidly modernizing our Asset Transfer servicing infrastructure and looking for a change agent who will thrive in influencing, challenging the status quo, collaborating and leading the teams in meeting our technology driven business objectives.
What you’ll do:
The primary responsibility of the Managing Director is to lead the execution of the application modernization initiatives within CSS and be the single point of accountability with business and technology partners. This role requires leading a team of individual contributors including Architects, Engineers in Development and Test, Technical Analysts, Scrum Masters, program management, as well as cross enterprise Managers. This individual must have strong execution, organizational and people leadership capabilities to lead Agile-oriented Product Development teams. The ability to understand and align with technology and business goals, and communicate to senior business leadership is an essential component of the role. Candidates should have a passion for emerging technologies and be capable of influencing and inspiring the team in developing innovative solutions that meet the business needs.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 10+ years of leading and managing IT teams, with project management, resource management, and offshore resource management capabilities.
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry a plus.
- 5+ years of experience with running medium to large/complex projects with multiple dependencies.
Leadership and Management:
- Demonstrated ability to define and communicate strategy and vision and influence across the Enterprise is essential
- Demonstrated ability to effectively inspire and influence teams and partners in delivering technology enabled business solutions that meet business needs.
- Ability to execute at scale in a dynamic environment
- Ability to build strong relationships and promote collaboration
- Ability to identify talent, recruit, hire, and build high performing teams
- Ability to coach, mentor, and provide direct, timely performance feedback; experience setting direction, tracking progress, and ensuring accountability
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations.
- Experience in planning, implementation and support of business application components, including change and release management.
- Professional experience building scalable enterprise applications with high availability and reliability.
- Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail and the ability to design, execute against strategic goals.
- Experience leading in an Agile delivery environment and implementing Continuous Deliver is a big plus
- Broad and deep knowledge of IT/software technology and trends, domain knowledge and experience in infrastructure support, application development, and cloud based application development, web services, middleware, operating systems, databases, networking, security and business intelligence.
- Prior programming experience with .NET, C#, C++and/or Java is preferred
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Red Hat LINUX, standard relational databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2 or Oracle and NO SQL Databases.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, June 13, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, September 14, 2017