Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab’s Cash and Stock Solutions group (CSS) is recruiting to hire a results-oriented and talented technologist with a strong track record of technology-enabled business delivery. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests. The CSS group supports Schwab’s Retail and Institutional businesses by developing innovative, unique-in-class Cashiering and Investment products, and are looking for a talented technologist to lead, collaborate and influence the modernization of our mission critical legacy services. We are in the process of rapidly modernizing our Cashiering infrastructure and looking for a change agent who will thrive in leading, influencing, challenging the status quo and, inspiring and collaborating with a team of highly motivated and talented technicians in meeting our business driven technology objectives.
What you’ll do:
As a Technical Director in the Cash and Stock Solutions group you will play a critical role in providing strategic and architectural guidance and influence the development and realization of a technology vision to modernize our legacy client interaction services. As a distributed architect you will be expected to:
- Lead the design and architecture of PaaS ready distributed services that will be exposed via Web API and REST interface to our channel partners.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Delivery Managers, Functional Solution Architects and business teams to architect technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Collaborate with other technology architects in influencing the modernization strategy for our distributed web services and provide guidance on Micro UI, Micro Service and Orchestration services.
- Be a hands on technical architect who will lead the team from the front and be able to inspire thought leadership in the team.
- Define, communicate and enforce design/coding standards for our distributed services.
- Technical governance and design review.
- Influence and define processes to enable agile transformation within CSS.
- Influence Test Driven and Behavior Driven development practices and Quality Engineering.
- Help train a team of aspiring, experienced and talented mainframe developers in the distributed space.
- Publish and present architecture to technology leaders and business executives.
What you have:
Minimum Qualification requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 10+ years of solid development experience in distributed platform. Platform modernization experience will be a plus.
- 5+ years of experience as an architect in building complex, resilient and highly scalable applications.
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively inspire and influence teams and partners in delivering technology enabled business solutions that meet business needs.
- Ability to execute at scale in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and provide direct and timely feedback.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving skills.
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations.
- Experienced in developing high performing engineering teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the team from the front by stepping in and getting hands on with coding to drive a solution that your engineers can build upon.
- Experience with C# and/or Java in a Linux / Windows data center environment. Experience in COBOL/Mainframe will be a plus.
- Experience owning and operating multiple instances of a mission critical service
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
- Deep knowledge of REST and the Web Services space
- Knowledge and experience with server side .NET and Java
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Aerospike, MongoDB are preferred)
- Knowledge of PaaS and Pivotal Cloud Foundry is a plus.
- Broad knowledge of software engineering: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, June 13, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, September 14, 2017