Raleigh - NC, RALEIGH, 434 Fayetteville St, 27601-1701
Christal Lynn Fortunato
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Advisor Services, a division of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is the leading provider of custody, trading, technology and practice management to registered independent advisory firms (RIAs). It provides access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow, compete and succeed in their business efforts. Schwab Advisor Services’ approximately 7,000 registered independent advisors manage $750 billion of assets in over 1.3 million accounts at Schwab.
Since 1985, Schwab Performance Technologies (SPT), a subsidiary of The Charles Schwab Corporation, has been a leading provider of portfolio data management and reporting solutions for independent financial advisors. Our ability to deliver innovative solutions tailored to the needs of advisors has made us a trusted partner to our clients.
The Operations Team Manager will lead a team of 7 representatives located in Raleigh, NC and Phoenix, AZ.
The Operations team has a variety of responsibilities:
- Accounts Receivable
- Reconcile and Report Revenue to Accounting
- Generating and distributing invoices on a monthly basis
- Managing contracts using DocuSign
- New employee processing (fingerprints, badge, parking, etc.)
- Low volume of client calls
- Handle internal data fulfillment requests
- Manage and prioritize incoming tasks from multiple queues, meeting service level agreements
- Provide problem resolution to Registered Investment Advisors
The description above covers the primary daily tasks of the Operations team. The diverse skillset on the team allows them to handle a variety of tasks and support many different areas of the business, so there are many tasks in addition to the standard daily tasks.
What you’ll do:
• Manage the Operations team located in Raleigh, NC and Phoenix, AZ to provide a consistent, high-quality client experience for all internal and external customers.
• Ensure the completion and accuracy of daily, monthly, and quarterly tasks by the Operations team.
• Provide coaching, guidance, and performance management to the Operations team to foster employee engagement, drive high performance, and help position the employees to develop and succeed.
• Become familiar with the daily tasks in order to support and understand the team needs
• Work cross-functionally with peers to improve processes, identify best practices and better utilize resources
• Motivate and encourage the team to improve processes and continually expand their skillset.
The role will report to the Senior Manager of Operations in Raleigh, NC.
What you have:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 1+ years of people management / leadership experience in customer service
• Experience with Salesforce
• Management experience preferred
• Strong communication skills with an ability to work effectively with external clients as well as internally with subordinates, peers, and senior management
• Independently motivated with a strong drive for results
• Exceptional organization skills and ability to multitask
• Highly skilled at working cross functionally to improve productivity, innovation and trust
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, NC - Raleigh
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Monday, June 12, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, June 28, 2017