San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) is the asset management arm of the Charles Schwab Corporation, and has over $300 billion under management in mutual funds and ETFs. Products managed include a wide variety of active and indexed equity, fixed income, and asset allocation strategies, as well as money markets funds. CSIM uses a consistent and disciplined approach to investing across all our products and seeks to develop innovative new products to meet the core investing needs of our clients.
The Investment Research Group includes Municipal and Taxable Research, as well as Risk, and Fiduciary Oversight. The Group is responsible for creating and implementing credit policies, establishing risk parameters and monitoring regulatory and internal guidelines.
The Municipal Research Group is responsible for analyzing credit across the municipal investment-grade credit spectrum and the entire yield curve. Our primary goal is to assess credit opportunities in the municipal space for the Schwab money-market funds, bond funds, and ETFs. This includes reviewing primary and secondary market opportunities across all municipal sectors and maturities, assigning internal ratings with written supporting documentation for positions of interest, making buy/sell recommendations for those positions, monitoring those holdings for changes in credit quality and staying abreast of issues in the municipal market which could impact our positions, as well as representing Schwab at industry events. As a senior member of the credit team, this role will include working with junior members of the team, to include training them in new sectors and serving as their sounding board in the analytical process.
What you’ll do:
- Join a team of seasoned research analysts who focus on municipal credits across the yield curve and credit spectrum
- Analyze municipal securities in the primary and secondary markets across multiple sectors, assigning internal ratings, making buy/sell recommendations, and providing on-going surveillance of your credit portfolio
- Confidently communicate your recommendations
- Work with junior analysts to introduce them to new sectors as well as serve as their sounding board in making analytic assessments
- Work both independently and as part of the team in making appropriate decisions on credits in the market and within the SchwabFunds portfolios.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA/CFA or post-graduate degree highly preferred
- 8-10 years of direct credit experience at a rating agency, bond insurer or buy-side firm
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Confidence to express your credit views to portfolio managers in a timely manner
- Knowledge of Rule 2a-7 of the Investment Company Act of 1940
- Strong writing skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Research-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, CA - San Francisco
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Monday, June 12, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, July 14, 2017