Raleigh - NC, RALEIGH, 434 Fayetteville St, 27601-1701
Christal Lynn Fortunato
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Performance Technologies Technical Client Services (SPT TCS) provides call center phone support for registered investment advisors using SPT's desktop software, PortfolioCenter. PortfolioCenter is a portfolio management software application that provides the functionality needed to efficiently manage financial data and run back office operations for financial advisors. This is accomplished by providing advisors with a single, consolidated view of financial assets with capabilities of managing: client portfolio data, performance measurement, decision support tools, accounting, reporting, and billing. PortfolioCenter SPT TCS reps provide support primarily over the phone with some email support and occasional onsite and remote consultations. SPT TCS also supports SPT Sales efforts to complete sales to prospects and to retain existing clients. SPT TCS provides customer support during beta tests and pre-releases for SPT desktop software and web products. For more information, visit www.schwabpt.com.
What you’ll do:
On a daily basis the TCS Rep will:
- Respond to direct customer inquiries on the phone or through e-mail to provide support on SPT desktop software
- Provide technical support/problem resolution to external customers in a timely, professional, and courteous manner
- Independently research solutions to high end clients’ technical problems with limited supervision
- Engage third party vendors and custodians with interfaces into PortfolioCenter to troubleshoot mutual client issues
- Employ escalation procedures for more complex issues
- Retain full ownership of issue until resolved, including follow-up on escalated issues
- Maintain strong relationships with high-end clients
The rep will spend six to eight hours of their day on the phone responding to an inbound call queue. The remaining time will be used for issue research or activities such as training. The external clients are professional financial advisory firms and their support staff.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a challenging environment where they are constantly learning. After the initial training and several months of direct hands-on work, the candidate should demonstrate a big picture understanding of the advisory firm’s needs with the ability to assimilate varied aspects of the program to deliver an optimal solution to the client.
The candidate should also be charismatic, poised, confident, and well-spoken with the desire to provide exceptional customer service. This opportunity is suitable for someone who enjoys talking with customers and solving problems in a team oriented and supportive environment.
Hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Monday – Friday. Most representatives work 9:30-6:00 p.m.
What you have:
Qualified applicants will possess the following:
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Strong computer proficiency with hardware and software components, as well as proficiency with MS Windows operating systems
- Basic knowledge of the brokerage industry preferred
- Prior customer service experience
- Ability to learn complex material and resolve issues with minimal oversight
- Work with great attention to detail
- Ability to maintain professionalism in high-pressure situations
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize work with multiple deadlines
- Contribute to a team-oriented environment using excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
- Fully demonstrate the ability to work with Schwab Advisor Services Sales in attracting and maintaining assets at Schwab
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||NC - Raleigh
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Monday, June 12, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, June 28, 2017