Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Don Carlos Collins
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Please note: This job posting is for future opportunities we are anticipating within the Supervision & Controls team of Schwab's Investor Services Enterprise
Supervision & Controls is an independent group responsible for providing supervisory support through direct supervision, escalation, oversight, analysis and supervisory risk assessments, to Schwab’s Investor Services (retail) group. Supervision and Controls vision is to be a trusted independent partner of all Schwab stakeholders that promotes business growth through effective risk management. We strive to improve business outcomes by providing and applying practical, consistent, effective and unbiased risk guidance that is grounded in a deep understanding of business goals as well as the regulatory and industry environment.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Manager, Supervisory Risk and Controls will focus on regulatory risk management and control issues applicable to the Investor Services organization. As Schwab develops and maintains its existing operational risk management framework, this role will focus on risk issues in Investor Services and the support of different business units with these issues. In addition, the role will be expected to proactively build and support the processes and standards required to bring a disciplined structure to the operation.
As a Senior Manager, Supervisory Risk and Controls, this person would support Schwab’s Leaders by…
- Analyzing the effectiveness of risk management policies and procedures;
- Identifying, escalating and helping to address issues and potential trends; and
- Providing advice and guidance on relevant firm policies.
The qualified candidate will play a key role in interviewing business managers, conducting gap analyses, identifying root causes, and recommending action plans. S/he should possess the following skills:
- Ability to influence others through the development of strong working relationships;
- Proven supervision and oversight skills with a working knowledge of industry standards and policies; and
- Experience executing both strategic and tactical objectives.
Qualified candidates must also have….
- Strong communication skills;
- Highly effective organizational and time management skills;
- The ability to perform a gap analysis;
- The ability to identify root cause;
- Experience implementing process improvements;
- The ability to work independently, with minimum guidance; and
- The ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize based on regulatory risk and business needs.
What you have:
- 8+ years relevant financial services experience
- 5+ years supervisory, risk, control, or compliance experience
- Experienced in conducting a risk control self-analysis and implementing remedial action plans
- Experienced making timely decisions based on client and field input
- Track record of providing sound guidance to peers and subordinates
- Responded to changes in the business and/or regulatory environment by proactively recommending changes to existing policies and procedures
- Responded to audit reports and designed remediation plans as appropriate and have tracked through to completion
- Implemented regulatory change initiatives across the business in a manner that balances the control requirements with the field experience
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Risk Analysis
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, AZ - Phoenix, FL - Orlando, CO - Lone Tree, IN - Indianapolis
Activation Date: Monday, June 12, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, July 8, 2017