Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Sarah L Timms
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This position is for a Senior Staff Software Applications Engineer in Austin in Schwab’s Advisor Services Technology (AST) on one of multiple scrum teams focused on the Schwab Advisor Center (SAC) customer-facing portal that advisors use to interact with Schwab and provide information and services to their own clients.
The SAC team is looking for a highly experienced software automation leader with testing project management and extensive automation experience – Someone who is a strong technical leader and possesses a client-focused sensibility.
The AST team is responsible for building applications for independent, registered financial advisors. These solutions are essential to the success of the investment advisor and offer features such as client relationship management, portfolio accounting, trading, data integration, paperless transactions, reporting and much more.
AST offers a wide range of technology opportunities for the best and brightest people to grow and demonstrate their skills as they develop leading edge financial applications.
What you’ll do:
SAC will define strategy, ensure the team is executing toward well-defined common goals, directly innovate solutions, select tools and improve process as needed.
The lead will be expected to implement efficient and scalable processes and methodologies; define environment requirements; identify QA-related tools; negotiate test coverage; assess the appropriate level of risk-based testing; scope and size user stories and tasks; review deliverables; update management; and influence, develop and execute QA process and testing best practices.
Keeping automation current and designed to work within a continuous integration framework is essential. Scrums teams goals are to increase adoption of TDD/CI/CD which will require test automation code to be written in a manner that minimizes impact of the product code refactoring cycle to the automated functional and regression test suites.
What you have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of hands-on application programming and/or test automation/framework experience in an Agile development environment
- Team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) to partner technically with, influence and collaborate with application architects, development, testing organizations, and business teams
- Experience developing or influencing the development of automated framework(s) for enterprise level functional and regression testing
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies and ceremonies, iterative development processes and collaboration Tools (JIRA, Confluence, Hip Chat) is essential
- Motivation and passion for building solutions through automation, driven by innovation and commitment to lifelong learning and staying on top of new and emerging test and automation technologies
- Strong programming, object oriented principles, design pattern familiarity, debugging/troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to guide more junior team to write effective and maintainable test code
- Experience in UI automation using Java and Selenium
- Experience using tools or APIs to test web services and infrastructure (for example: Jackson, Jersey, SOATest, SOAPUI, JMeter)
- Database testing using relational databases such as Oracle or SQL Server; white box testing using PL-SQL; some familiarity with MongoDB or other NoSQL technologies
- Experience with CI /CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Zephyr, Bit Bucket, Shell Scripting/PowerShell, Splunk
- End-to-end/integration testing with multiple domains/organizations and backend legacy systems
- Hands-on experience with server and configuration management
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and skills to work with resources in different geographic locations, including offshore
- Familiarity with Windows is essential; C#/.Net a very strong plus
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions when tools don’t work
- Flexible driver of creative solutions who will thrive in a dynamic and emerging team
- Experience with financial services or brokerage industry a plus
- Cloud computing experience also preferable
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
- sdet automation sdet automation sdet automation sdet automation
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Wednesday, June 7, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018