Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Sarah L Timms
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This position is for a QA Automation Engineer in Westlake in Schwab’s Advisor Services Technology (AST) on one of multiple scrum teams focused on the Schwab Advisor Center (SAC) customer-facing portal that advisors use to interact with Schwab and provide information and services to their own clients.
The AST team is responsible for building applications for independent, registered financial advisors. These solutions are essential to the success of the investment advisor and offer features such as client relationship management, portfolio accounting, trading, data integration, paperless transactions, reporting and much more.
AST offers a wide range of technology opportunities for the best and brightest people to grow and demonstrate their skills as they develop leading edge financial applications.
What you’ll do:
The first assignment will be on a SAC project which provides Advisors the ability to manage money transfers of their end clients. It has all the generic money movement functionalities that the present market offers to its customers such as checks, journals, and wires.
- Be a hands-on advocate and leader for test automation, drive continuous integration and deployment strategies with a DevOps philosophy
- Set and communicate automation strategies and processes for web services, APIs, middleware, UI etc., evaluate and implement software test automation tools and tooling standards
- Build automation frameworks to increase reuse and reduce effort
- Increase automation cycle execution run times and decrease manual analysis of results
- Keep automation current, flexible, and designed to work within a continuous integration / deployment framework
- Develop methods and procedures to create automation test data and data refresh capabilities
- Assist developers with robust unit/component/ commit/ build and deploy/CI/CD test automation as needed; understanding or practice of TDD, ATDD, and BDD a significant plus.
- Recommend meaningful and automated dynamic reports and metrics that measure the success of automation efficiency and quality, and provide action items for continuous improvements
- Interact with various levels of individual contributors and management to educate and influence
- Collaborate with automation experts to plan, design, mange, report and prioritize software test automation solutions along with Dev and QA engineers across SAC and AST
- Maintain tools used in automation development, including source control, test management , and release systems
- Influence, develop and execute QA process and testing best practices, working cross-organizationally both within Schwab and with external vendors, both on- and off-shore to define environment requirements and identify test tools
- Work with assigned product teams, product owners and scrum masters to compose and manage integrated project plans, testing schedules, metrics and provide project and release status updates to all levels of management.
What you have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of hands-on application programming and/or test automation/framework experience in an Agile development environment
- Team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) to partner technically with, influence and collaborate with application architects, development, testing organizations, and business teams
- Experience developing or influencing the development of automated framework(s) for enterprise level functional and regression testing is preferable
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies and ceremonies, iterative development processes and collaboration Tools (JIRA, Confluence, Hip Chat) is essential
- Motivation and passion for building solutions through automation, driven by innovation and commitment to lifelong learning and staying on top of new and emerging test and automation technologies
- Strong programming, debugging/troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and skills to work with resources in different geographic locations, including offshore
- Experience with testing web services, APIs, and backend infrastructure such as messaging systems, using tools such as Parasoft SOATest, SOAPUI and Advanced Rest Client.
- Experience in UI automation using Java and Selenium
- Experience with QTP and codedUI helpful; those tools used for SAC legacy automated scripts
- Windows and .net a very strong plus
- Object Oriented methodology familiarity
- Database testing using relational databases such as Oracle; tools such as TOAD and SQL Server; white box testing using PL-SQL; MongoDB helpful
- Experience with CI /CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Zephyr, Bit Bucket, Shell Scripting/PowerShell, Splunk
- Hands-on experience with server and configuration management
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions when tools don’t work
- Financial industry and/or brokerage knowledge
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
- sdet automation sdet automation sdet automation sdet automation
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, June 7, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, December 3, 2017