Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Shared Infrastructure Services & Solutions (SISS) in Schwab Technology Infrastructure Services (TIS) seeks a highly professional self-starter with extensive, proven program and project management skills. The successful candidate will be a core part of the SISS team, and therefore, have excellent communication, stakeholder management and team building skills. Experience managing large programs and multiple, complex projects is essential. This position will work across Schwab Technology Services (STS), reporting to the TIS Strategic Program Office Managing Director.
What you’ll do:
- Manage complex, strategic technology projects and/or programs to successful completion.
- Act as a change agent, using skills and expertise to inspire a sense of shared purpose within project teams.
- Understand and adopt project and program management best practices.
- Identify connections and dependencies among individual projects, managing multiple work efforts in parallel.
- Engage in building consensus, and developing recommended solutions as issues arise
- Prepare clear and concise summary / status reports, including graphical data representations
- Manage project scope by assessing requirements changes, and determining and conveying impact
- Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate as appropriate.
What you have:
- Bachelor degree in Business or Technology discipline required; MBA desirable.
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience in Project Management required; PMP desirable.
- Experience with Waterfall, RUP and Agile methodologies required.
- Experience managing technology projects required; experience with technology infrastructure projects a plus
- Must be:
- Self-motivated, quick and assertive.
- Extremely detailed oriented and organized.
- Must have:
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and comfortable with change and complexity.
- Knowledge of project metrics, including data gathering, reporting, and trend analysis.
- Exceptional PowerPoint skills, including functionality and design.
- Proven experience with planning & reporting tools:
- Project and Portfolio Management (e.g., CA Clarity PPM, Jira)
- Process modeling (e.g., iGrafx, Visio)
- Project planning (e.g. MS Project, etc.)
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs|
|Position Located In:||AZ - Phoenix|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Thursday, June 8, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, May 18, 2018