New York - NY, NY1133AA, 1133 Avenue of the Americas, 10036-6717
Curtis A Crawford
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Sr Manager of Income Solutions provides market wisdom and subject matter expertise on the fixed income markets, investments and the Schwab product platform (including individual bonds, Managed Accounts, Mutual Funds and ETFs) within the context of SCFR (Schwab Center for Financial Research) opinions, economic trends, portfolio theory, other investment classes, asset allocation and financial planning to ensure our Investors Services client facing representatives and their clients have the information they need to make informed decisions. The Senior Manager role reports to the Managing Director of Income Solutions Team within the Fixed Income Organization.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Manager is responsible for driving business development opportunities for Financial Consultants by addressing investors’ appetite for income oriented investing expertise and advice via workshops, meetings and occasional 1-on-1 consulting (for select clients).The team is responsible to provide market wisdom and subject matter expertise for income-related products (Fixed Income, Annuities, Equity-income, Managed Accounts, MFs, ETFs etc.) within the context of financial planning, Schwab research opinions, economic trends, portfolio theory, asset allocation and other investment classes. In addition, team members collaborate with field personnel to provide perspective and coaching on best practices on how to more fully understand and utilize the firm’s income investing capabilities into their own business planning and practice management activities. The position requires strong analytical skills with an ability to anticipate and proactively addresses opportunities and issues; demonstrated ability to communicate and implement a clear, focused business development strategy for the territory and the ability to influence and achieve objectives without direct authority or direct reporting relationships.
The Income Solutions Sr Manager is expected to travel regularly throughout the assigned multi-state territory.
What you have:
- Position requires BA/BS or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years capital markets or investment management / sales experience with deep fixed income knowledge. Expertise in all aspects of the fixed income asset class as well as fixed income products including individual bonds, Managed Accounts, Mutual Funds and ETFs with knowledge of other investment classes, financial planning, portfolio theory, asset allocation and economics.
- Must possess excellent communication skills that can be tailored to the appropriate level of sophistication, with the ability to make compelling presentations to large or small audiences of clients, prospects and employees, as well as possess exceptional written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel and excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Requires ability to influence others, provide enhanced sales skills and deliver specific product and technical knowledge for all the assigned fixed income solutions.
- Strong analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to establish a clear, focused business development strategy for the territory.
- Strong customer focus, including ability to think in terms of customer experience/perspective.
- Solid knowledge of Schwab organizational and business development procedures.
- Have a strong understanding and grasp of the competitive landscape in the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and implement a clear, focused business development strategy for territory.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and achieve objectives without direct authority or direct reporting relationships.
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards.
- Series 7 and 66 required. CIMA/CFA/CFP preferred
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Capital Markets-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Business Development and Sales-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, CA - Century City, NY - New York, CA - Newport Beach
Activation Date: Friday, June 2, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 24, 2017