San Francisco - CA, SF215FMT, 215 Fremont Street, 94105-2318
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Corporate Finance group within Treasury manages the corporate finance activities for the Corporation and its subsidiaries including capital planning and allocation, liquidity management, dividends, infusions, capital markets transactions, rating agency relationships, bank credit relationships, and lease/buy decisions. This role will be supporting the Corporation’s stress testing initiatives, providing detailed dynamic analyses in various forecast simulations. The successful candidate will be working closely with the CCAR Program Office.
Treasury Corporate Finance is seeking a dynamic financial manager to play a key role in the company’s capital management, planning, analysis, and reporting.
What you’ll do:
- Review balance sheet, income and capital forecasting for the Company and subsidiaries.
- Be a key participant in ongoing capital planning and periodic capital stress testing.
- Prepare capital presentations and reports for senior and executive management, Board of Directors and other executive steering committee meetings.
- Contribute to ad hoc analytical projects, primarily related to capital and liquidity.
- Research complex studies regarding capital, strategies and risk, and regulatory changes impacting capital management activities, and communicate impactful findings to management.
- Participate in projects as required for new initiatives, process improvements or technology implementation and development.
- Prepare and review ALCO and other management and Board committee materials.
- Review and update all corporate capital management policies and procedures, as well as all applicable regulatory requirements; and ensure compliance and report exceptions as appropriate
- Partner with Enterprise Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis, Risk Analytics and other internal business partners.
- Monitor developing regulatory expectations (NPRs and final rulemaking); develop and contribute to senior leader communication and implementation plans in advance of effective deadlines.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with the corporation's regulatory liaison office and banking regulators.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced financial degree a plus
- At least five years of financial industry work experience in treasury and/or corporate finance
- At least three years of recent experience and subject matter knowledge of related regulatory subject matter
- Ability to think strategically and communicate
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate finance and banking regulatory capital measures
- Demonstrated project management experience and demonstrated ability to manage multiple work streams
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and communicate complex financial forecasts
- Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to build cross-functional relationships and to interact effectively with senior management
- Results driven and action oriented, able to motivate teams and direct resources
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A team player and leader by example; potential to move up in the organization
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Banking-6+ yrs, Regulatory, Risk Analysis
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Monday, June 5, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, July 1, 2017