Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab’s Technical Product Managers thrive in a leading-edge work culture while developing products and programs that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals. The New Employee Recruitment and Development (N.E.R.D) Program is looking for a Managing Director to drive the development and execution of our Technology organization’s accelerated professional development program. Our vision is to invest in well-trained and well-rounded employees with a strong understanding of Schwab’s structure, procedures and technology strategies that enable them to enter multiple roles (Development, Developer in Test, Scrum Master, Infrastructure and DevOps) within the Schwab technology organization upon successful completion of the program. This unique program will combine a goal-oriented learning plan with on-the-job training. You'll work closely with other technology leaders to define the N.E.R.D. strategy for the firm, as well as key partners in Talent Acquisition, Learning, and Human Resources. . Other duties include: Coaching and training host managers and mentors to drive a successful program, organizing hackathons and other student focused events, work with teams to construct objectives and goals, and ownership of graduation and placement. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and Agile team environment. The ability to deliver innovative, low cost, reliable solutions is key to success in this role.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and drive Schwab’s NERD program strategy focused on building an accelerated professional development program to empower the next generation of engineers with the cross-functional skills and future technologies
- Provide ongoing coaching, training and education to rotation managers
- Deliver best in class onboarding experience including orientation, training and development and social events
- Execute the onboarding, learning and development strategy for new college graduates entering the organization to assist with transition from college to corporate, driving engagement
- Lead team of functional program representatives from IT and ensure clear, timely communication on expectations and deliverables
- Performance management, training and development
- Continue to seek out new ways to enhance programs and its value to the business
- Direct and participate in planning activities related to the program
- Create new programs to address changing business needs
- Partner with leaders across STS and align program to support strategic direction
- Be responsible for management and welfare of the N.E.R.D. Program at all stages of its lifecycle, including profitability and/or return on investment
- Drive strategy and manage implementation of enhancements to existing products/programs
- Monitor client needs, competitor moves and marketplace trends to identify and pursue new product opportunities. Secure internal resources and work across all functions.
- Translate organizational requirements into program specifications.
- Design solutions to support program.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field OR related practical experience
- 12+ years professional experience in software development
- Experience leading technology rotation programs and professional development
- Campus leadership
- Experience with university recruiting, talent management and other HR related experience
- Passion for growing and developing entry level technologists
- Strong time and project management skills
- Proven coaching, developing people and management skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization including senior level leaders
- Strategic thinker with a global mindset
- Solid and influential verbal, written and consulting communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work with engineers and executives.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Must be a critical thinker and solutions-oriented
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to quickly grasp complex concepts and learn new technologies
- Ability to work independently and to effectively interact and collaborate with all types of stakeholders, both technical and business, peers and leaders
- A software engineering background preferred.
- Experience with Agile and being a part of a scrum team
- Post-Graduate work and/or relevant certifications.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs, Education/Training-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, June 1, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, September 2, 2017