Raleigh - NC, RALEIGH, 434 Fayetteville Street, 27601-1701
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Portfolio Performance Management Technology team is looking for a highly talented technologist to lead solution architecture for the Portfolio Performance Domain. The team is in the process of building next generation Performance Management Platform with high flexibility and supporting high volume of accounts. When it is completed, the platform should be able to scale from the current 100s of thousand accounts to 10 million accounts. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly visible team that delivers innovative business solutions leveraging emerging technologies at Schwab.
What you’ll do:
You will be joining us as a Technical Director (Senior Technical Architect) focused on providing architectural guidance and ensuring the technical solutions implemented in right way across multiple projects and Scrum teams. We are looking for a curious person with excellent technical skills, ability to lead teams through technology challenges while driving towards target architecture.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an architect in building complex, highly scalable and low latency applications.
- Work closely with delivery managers, Solution Architects and with business teams to architect technology solutions to meet client needs.
- Understanding complex problems easily and come up with simple solutions.
- Lead the technical delivery across multiple scrum teams to ensure compliance to the target architecture.
- Lead technical requirements gathering sessions and producing technical requirements and design documents.
- Provide hands on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues.
- Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and / or longer life.
- Promotes and coordinates technical knowledge harvesting within the organization.
- Defines, communicates and enforces design/coding standards.
- Identifies reusable code required for our code library and ensures the high quality creation of the code.
- Tracks and identifies new technologies to solve the business problems.
What you have:
- 10+ years of solid development experience in distributed platform
- Experience with C++, Java or C# in a Linux/Windows environment
- Experience in writing complex algorithms is key to the success in this role
- The ability to step in and code to drive a solution that your engineers can build upon.
- Experience in conducting POCs using emerging technologies.
- Experience in understanding how applications interacts with hardware, storage, and network
- Experience in developing and operating multiple instances of a mission critical micro-services
- Experience in mentoring junior developers
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations
- Experience with NO SQL databases such as MongoDB
- Broad knowledge of software engineering: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||NC - Raleigh
Activation Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, April 1, 2018