San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Keith Andrew Vogel
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Business Strategy and Planning team directly supports the successful management and growth of three Registered Investment Advisory firms that are affiliates of Charles Schwab: Charles Schwab Investment Advisory, Inc. (CSIA), Windhaven Investment Management, Inc. (WIM), and ThomasPartners, Inc. (TPI). The group helps develop short- and long-term strategic and tactical business plans, implement and execute on key projects and initiatives, facilitate development of financial models and sizings for new products/offers/distribution opportunities, develop and produce management reporting and analytics, and at times, support first line of defense operational risk management and oversight. The three firms represent a significant opportunity to expand Schwab’s Advised Investing money management line-up, and with over $55 Billion in Assets Under Management (AUM), they also represent significant revenue to the broader Schwab organization.
What you’ll do:
This role will be responsible for supporting, developing, managing, and implementing special initiatives and overall business strategy to help profitably grow and scale the three RIAs. This individual will report directly to the V.P. of Business Planning & Risk Oversight, will be located in San Francisco, and will coordinate closely across a wide array of groups at Schwab (e.g., Schwab senior leadership, Investor Services, Advisor Services, and functions such as Marketing, Client Experience, Platform Services, Project Management Office, PR, Corporate Strategy, Insight & Loyalty, Legal, Compliance, Training, etc.).
- Identifying opportunities to grow and scale our business – executing critical analyses, lobbying for and overseeing relevant client research, developing convincing arguments for the pursuit of opportunities uncovered, etc.
- Developing, facilitating, and supporting execution of key strategic and operating initiatives for WIM, TPI, and CSIA
- Analyzing, modifying, and supporting the vision for investment management services across a variety of Schwab businesses and client bases (e.g., sales and distribution models, service models, promotional and marketing programs, trading and technology platforms, data infrastructure and reporting, statement and performance reporting platforms, and billing and pricing)
- Driving implementation of newly created and ongoing programs, while managing against reactive opportunities and challenges, including regulatory mandates, risk oversight and governance programs, and firm-wide change management
- Monitoring business performance by channel/platform, determining and sharing best practices, and identifying and acting upon areas of recognized weakness
- Designing, developing and maintaining executive dashboards reporting business results and progress on key initiatives
- Developing and presenting strategy, business plans, project status, etc. in articulate and concise, and in verbal and written form, to Executive leadership, Sr. Management, peers and colleagues, and corporate steering and risk committees, etc.
What you have:
- 7+ years of relevant work experience required
- B.A/B.S. required; MBA, CFA, CFP highly desired; strategy consulting experience a plus
- Financial services, wealth management, and Investment Advisory experience highly desired
- Self-starter with strong leadership abilities and sound business judgment
- Strong analytical skills with an orientation towards action and results
- Creative problem-solver and innovative thinker that can drive new solutions to on-going business challenges
- Ability to think strategically across multiple functions/organizations
- Proven project management skills with track record of driving multiple complex projects to conclusion simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail in rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally and partner effectively with different groups and organizations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build key internal partnerships and work effectively at multiple levels of the organization
- Outstanding inter-personal skills and emotional intelligence with positive can-do attitude
- Prior people management experience highly desirable
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
Note: this role will involve some recurring travel between our San Francisco, Denver, and Boston locations
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, July 1, 2017