El Paso - TX, ELPASO, 1945 Northwestern Drive, 79912-1108
Toni L Pohle
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Operational Services Account Solutions (OSAS) is the primary operations support department for Advisor Services New Accounts and Investor Services. OSAS provides service to multiple business units including but not limited to our retail clients and financial advisors to fulfill our purpose of helping everyone become financial fit. We inspire client loyalty by providing guidance and solutions to fulfill client needs and have a focus on employee development and collaboration.
What you’ll do:
As a member of our OSAS team with a focus on New Accounts and Account Maintenance for various enterprises, you will be responsible for processing new account applications and account update requests as well as reviewing client correspondence for our clients. Below outlines a summary of additional responsibilities for this role:
- Review and process new Schwab brokerage account applications
- Listen to client cues (phone contact) and review accounts to engage in a dialogue to identify additional needs and present effective help and guidance solutions
- Exhibit a passion for client service, positive energy, and problem solving skills to assist Schwab clients in opening their accounts as well as performing detailed research and follow-up, via phone contact
- Receive inbound calls from our clients – both external and internal
- Establish clear points of contact for one-stop resolution and for ongoing support and escalations
- Demonstrate flexibility and work collaboratively with other team members to deliver high quality service and meet client expectations
- Manage multiple tasks effectively by balancing high productivity with excellent service quality
- Serve as a senior member of processing teams, providing documentary decision-making assistance as well as escalation support for complex situations including client escalations
- Serve as a senior member of the team, approving and accepting account documentation on behalf of the firm – taking into consideration, business, brand, financial, and regulatory risk.
Compensation: Employees in our OSAS teams are paid a salary commensurate with experience and licensing, and receive additional compensation for overtime hours and shift differentials, along with the ability to earn an annual bonus based on high performance, adherence to quality standards and profitable company growth.
What you have:
Required minimum qualifications are:
- 3 – 5 years of Financial Services experience with Brokerage experience preferred
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Solid analytical skills and ability to multi-task to perform multiple complex tasks with a superior level of attention to detail; Can operate with little instructions on day-to-day work with general direction on assignments.
- Ability to explain complex subjects via phone to internal and external clients
- Advanced technical skills with the ability to utilize at least 5 different applications at any one time, including Windows, internet researching, database systems, and email
- Excellent communication skills (English) both verbal and written; will be responsible for reviewing, editing and sharing feedback on communication created by other team members
- Passion for working in a team environment – contributing toward departmental and team goals and objectives. Peer influence skills a must as senior administrators will be required to help drive and support change and will also be accountable for creating Schwab culture in the new El Paso location
- Enjoy working in a structured environment during specified hours as determined by business need.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, ideal candidates will also have the followed preferred qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of investment products and industry regulations.
- Prior experience working in a dual monitor environment and the ability to utilize over 7 open programs at one time.
- Series 7, 63 and 9/10 Licensing. Depending on employee qualifications, a Condition of Employment may be considered for a specified timeframe (for all licenses).
Please note: flexibility in scheduling is required for this position. Our hours of operation are Sunday through Friday 6 am to 7pm MST. Our staffing needs will be evaluated during your first few weeks of training and your initial schedule will be assigned at that time. Although we will try to give you advance notice, your assigned schedule may be changed at any point during your employment.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - El Paso
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 17, 2017