Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Charitable is an independent public charity created to help increase charitable giving in the United States by offering the flexible giving solution of a donor-advised fund account. A donor-advised fund account is a simple, efficient, tax-smart investment account designed specifically for charitable purposes that offers clients and advisors a simple and streamlined way to contribute, invest and grant effectively. We are a leading national donor-advised fund provider—having granted out to over 105,000 charities since inception on behalf of our donors.
At Schwab Charitable, we believe people have an inherent desire to give and that investing and giving when done together can empower us to make a real difference in the world. We make it easy to integrate charitable giving into clients’ financial planning and wealth managementstrategies. We believe that if our clients apply the same thoughtful strategy to their giving and philanthropy that they apply to their finances and investments, they will be happier and more fulfilled donors. Through our uniquely integrated approach, access to online resources and our team of charitable specialists, we offer the tools, guidance and relationships to help donors give more to the charities that matter most to them.
Schwab Charitable operates as an independent charity, but is closely affiliated with and enjoys the support of Charles Schwab & Co, including contractual agreements to provide a variety of services. This position will be an employee of Charles Schwab & Co. and will be subject to its human resources and risk policies and procedures, but will report to and be accountable to Schwab Charitable for day-to-day activities.
The Grants Team’s primary responsibility is to process grant recommendations submitted by account holders (donors) at Schwab Charitable Fund to eligible public charities. Processing these requests entails entering the grant information into our database, confirming an organization’s tax exempt status and contact information, verifying the designation of the grant to ensure it meets IRS requirements and Schwab Charitable’s Program Policies, and contacting the client, investment advisor and charity if necessary.
In addition to their daily grant processing responsibilities, Grant Specialists might be asked to provide assistance on the inbound phone line. Qualified candidates will be comfortable answering incoming calls from current and potential donors, financial advisors, and charitable organizations.
This position will report to the Grants Team Manager and will have extensive exposure to skip level leadership.
What you’ll do:
- Research charitable organizations to ensure their tax exempt status
- Provide quality customer service to our donors and advisors
- Process online, mobile and paper grant recommendations using multiple operating systems
- Interface with charities to verify their tax exempt status and facilitate the grant making process
- Provide resourceful, effective problem analysis and resolution to donors
- Speak knowledgeably to donors, advisors, and charities about recent legislation surrounding Donor Advised Funds
- Coordinate complex granting arrangements such as international granting and grant agreements
- Provide high-touch service to all Independent Investment Advisors
- Serve as dedicated relationship liaison to specific high net worth donors and advisors
- Support and participate in organizational initiatives and projects as needed
- Support the Donor Relations team by taking inbound calls when needed
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy with ability to discuss complex regulations and operational details with advisors, clients and charities
- Well-developed time management skills and ability to organize, manage and juggle competing priorities
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills and the ability to deliver technical information in lay terms
- Highly adaptive, change-positive personality capable of working effectively within a team structure
What you have:
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years employment experience (background in financial services, specifically with Charles Schwab, Inc., or the non-profit sector highly desired)
- Flexible and willing to work extended hours/overtime during the year-end peak season (mid- November to February)
- Quick and accurate data entry skills
- Professional and confident when contacting and assisting donors, advisors and charitites
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior customer service skills, particularly the ability to communication with affluent clients and their investment advisors
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- High comfort level with financial services and trading operations
Candidates who would be best suited for working at Schwab Charitable value the following:
- Being on the nexus of the financial services sector and non-profit sector
- Positive societal impact as an element in their work environment
- A smaller more interpersonal, but structured organization
- A sense of humor in the work environment
- A traditional office setting with access to and support of current technology
- Integrity as a characteristic of colleagues and management
- Financial Services and/or non-profit background
- Being part of a team
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Administrative Support-2-5 yrs, Customer Service-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Category:Customer Service/Client Service
Activation Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, June 28, 2017