Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is looking for a Sr. Staff CloudOps Automation Engineer who will help to lead our newly formed CloudOps Automation team. This leader will be responsible for designing and implementing a continuous delivery automation strategy for both private and public cloud that follows best practices and our standards for change management. In addition to this, the leader will be responsible for mentoring junior CloudOps Automation engineers, helping to form the strategic roadmap, and identifying ways that we can make all of Schwab more efficient. Our ideal candidate is a confident self-starter who's not afraid to get his hands dirty and so has a strong development or DevOps background, communicates well, and is passionate about DevOps, cloud services, technology and the web.
What you’ll do:
- Design and build continuous delivery automation
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the automation team
- Design and build web services, tool plugins, utility scripts, automation jobs, etc. as Provide guidance on automation strategies to subject matter experts on multiple teams
- Continually strive for improvements in process, application time-to-market and quality.
What you have:
- 7+ years of software development experience with at least 1 year focused on cloud technologies and/or DevOps
- 2+ years of team leadership/mentoring experience
- 2+ years experience working in an agile software development environment using Scrum
- Proficiency in either Java or .NET development
- Advanced to expert-level experience building server side applications with either Java or C# using continuous integration
- Experience with continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins required (Bamboo preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Powershell, Python, or Perl)
- Solid systems administration understanding (UNIX, Linux or Windows)
- Hands on experience with Azure, AWS, Google Cloud or one of the other major IaaS providers a plus
- Knowledge of Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) a plus
- Experience with load balancer technologies (F5) a plus
- Experience with the Atlassian stack of products including JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo, HipChat is a plus
- Experience writing plugins for the Atlassian stack (Bitbucket or JIRA) is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various level of technical and non-technical management
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related fields is required. Financial Industry experience is a plus
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, August 31, 2017