San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) is the asset management arm of the Charles Schwab Corporation, and has over $300 billion under management in mutual funds and ETFs. Products managed include a wide variety of active and indexed equity, fixed income, and asset allocation strategies, as well as money markets funds. CSIM uses a consistent and disciplined approach to investing across all our products and seeks to develop innovative new products to meet the core investing needs of our clients.
What you’ll do:
The Associate Portfolio Manager will have day-to-day responsibility for managing the index needs for the passive investment strategies, as well as supporting portfolio managers in the daily investment process.
- Support and work closely with ETF and Index Portfolio Managers.
- Support the equity trading and ETF basket process, work closely with various counterparties including trading, trade operations, fund accounting, custodian and technology.
- Responsible for research, analysis and projection of index changes and corporate actions.
- Work with index vendors to manage index related information and ensure integrity of index data in portfolio management tools.
- Actively participate to continuously enhance Index research processes.
What you have:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field highly preferred. CFA or progress toward CFA charter desirable.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in roles requiring strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge a must with ability to handle/manage large quantity of data.
- Familiar with investment tools and systems such as Bloomberg, Factset, Charles River, and other risk management products.
- Experience in Asset management or capital markets with working knowledge of index methodology preferred.
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills; attention to details and good communication skills.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs, Investment Management - 2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Thursday, May 25, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, June 23, 2017