Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Director, Legal Counsel will be lead lawyer for various brokerage investment products and services managed by the Schwab Client Solutions business enterprise, with an emphasis on Schwab's full spectrum of Annuities.
What you’ll do:
Among other things, this Director will negotiate selling group contracts, review prospectuses, perform advertising reviews, help with advice policies and employee training, and resolve client issues as they arise.
This position will also assume counseling responsibilities for other investment products and receive other assignments depending on experience and overall team workload.
What you have:
The ideal candidate must have:
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant law firm or in-house counsel experience with a financial services company that includes broker-dealer matters, or experience with an industry regulator.
- Substantial background and experience with the offering and sale of insurance products by a brokerage firm, particularly fixed and variable annuities.
- Prefer background in dealing with investment research departments including the issuance of equity and/or fixed income research reports, and compliance with applicable industry regulations concerning research reports.
- Additional experience in one of more of the following product areas a plus: equities, options, futures, complex products, fixed income, and/or investment company securities.
- Strong working knowledge of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, rules of the Financial Industry Regulatory Association (FINRA) and other applicable regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written briefing skills.
- Ability to advise on day-to-day issues in a fast-paced environment with an eye on regulatory changes and risk management.
- BA/BS and JD degree are required as well as a State Bar membership in good standing.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs, Legal-6+ yrs, Banking-6+ yrs, Regulatory, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs, Retirement Services-6+ yrs, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, July 1, 2017