Raleigh - NC, RALEIGH, 434 Fayetteville St, 27601-1701
Patricia A. Fessler
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Senior QA Engineer will work closely with the development team and business analysts create and execute manual and automated software testing activities while delivering on multiple projects implementing new features and enhancements, and bug fixes on a large and complex portfolio management system. The right candidate will have expertise with QA best practices and have proven experience performing all QA-related functions such as vetting requirements, creating Test Plans and test cases, executing test cases, creating automation scripts, and reviewing regression results in order to quickly determine if our products are ready for market. QA team members work very closely with developers on an integrated team dedicated to delivering high quality solutions, and the right candidate will enjoy being part of a highly interactive, agile team.
What you’ll do:
• Strong collaboration skills. Works collaboratively with development during all stages of projects to provide in process testing results. Works directly with appropriate business partners and development to understand project concepts, objectives and approach of software development projects.
• Strong communications, teamwork, and problem-solving skills are necessary. Ability to interact and communicate well with business partners and technology teams is required. Written and verbal communication skills must both be strong.
• Mentoring QA staff.
• Participate in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load/performance and system testing.
• Defines scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing.
• Establishes the purpose and deliverables of the test effort.
• Develop and implement test plans/cases
• Develop automated testing scripts for complex environments
• Lead QA efforts for assigned project(s) including coordination of QA project team who test, evaluate and validate new functions and applications, and identify issues in software or services.
• Define, develop and implement quality assurance practices and procedures, test plans and other QA assessments. Establish standards and best practices for the use within the Agile Scrum methodology. Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts.
• Manage defects and proactively identify risks to management
• Able to work independently and in team environments.
• Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills to provide detailed root cause analysis.
What you have:
• 8+ years’ of experience successfully testing applications for Windows platforms using Microsoft technologies
• 5+ years’ of strong hands on experience test automation tools.
• 8+ years’ of experience in complex data analysis and data calculations.
• 8+ years’ of experience as an expert in test design, with a proven track record of designing reasonable and effective tests that can quickly show whether a product is ready for market
• Expert experience creating test plans for medium to large projects with complex interactions requiring verification.
• Extremely strong investigative and interpretive skills required.
• Very strong multitasking skills will be required. Must be comfortable in a dynamic fast paced environment.
• Good estimation skills, able to provide reasonable estimates for yourself and others.
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Must be independent and capable of learning new skills and product features quickly.
• BS or MS in computer science or related technical field
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||NC - Raleigh
Activation Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, July 1, 2017