Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The AML Governance Sr. Manager plays a pivotal role in the identification and implementation of effective AML and OFAC program policies and procedures, applying gap analytics to ensure corporate alignment with applicable regulations and regulatory expectations, and fostering the development of mature and continuous improvement processes.
What you’ll do:
The Compliance Department coordinates the Company's compliance efforts, and performs an advisory, monitoring, testing, and education role to support management's supervisory responsibility and its efforts to achieve compliance with the financial services industry rules and regulations, and policies of the Company. The BSA/AML Strategy and Program group, part of the Corporate Compliance organization, assists across the firm in the assessment of BSA / AML / Sanctions risk presented to our business units and in the affirmative commitment to comply with all laws and regulations governing the identification and reporting of suspected money laundering activities as well as activities prohibited by OFAC laws and regulations.
The AML Governance Sr. Manager plays a pivotal role in the identification and implementation of effective AML and OFAC program policies and procedures, applying gap analytics to ensure corporate alignment with applicable regulations and regulatory expectations, and fostering the development of mature and continuous improvement processes. He/she will play a key role in shaping and executing against the governance and oversight functions for the firm’s BSA/AML and OFAC programs assisting with day-to-day program management, overseeing development of Corporate and department BSA/AML and OFAC policies, participate on the resolution of audit and exam exception and closure of self-identified issues, assist with the development and coordination of BSA/AML and OFAC Board and Senior Management reporting activities for the Firm. As a direct report to the AML Program Director the Senior Manager will:
- Manage the creation, revision and maintenance of corporate-wide BSA/AML and OFAC Policies and Department procedures;
- Analyze the impact of regulatory updates on the Firm’s BSA/AML and OFAC/ Sanctions policies and program;
- Analyze the impact of corporate BSA/AML and OFAC risks at the firm and create documentation which effectively communicated those risks;
- Participate on the development, implementation and maintenance of the storage and retrieval solution for corporate wide AML Policies, Procedures and Program documents (including cataloging, archiving and version control) which facilitates production of documents for internal audits, regulatory exams and AML testing;
- Act as the primary liaison between AML staff and various internal departments, such as Legal, the Regulatory Liaison Office and AML and Compliance Senior Management for audit and exams;
- Able to clearly communicate the difference between regulatory requirements, industry standards and business risk decisions.
What you have:
- 5 - 7(+) years work experience in the financial services industry (banking and/or securities) with a solid background in BSA, AML, and OFAC compliance, or Risk Management, and leadership experience;
- Subject matter expert in anti-money laundering policies and applicable rules and regulatory requirements to include experience with CIP, CDD, EDD requirements specific to a broker-dealer and/or bank environment;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization. Strong documentation and organizational skills.
- Experience in one or more of the following fields: Compliance Paralegal, Securities laws & regulations, broker-dealer requirements, AML Compliance, FFIEC standards, Compliance, Risk, Audit and/or Corporate Law.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics.
- Team-oriented, great at problem solving, able to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a dynamic and fast moving environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze issues and develop plans on a systemic level, thinking through potential connections and impact across the Schwab ecosystem, and developing roadmaps to achieve long term vision through short term deliverables.
- Deep understanding of the regulatory environment and rules and regulations applicable to a diversified financial services firm.
- Experience consulting with all levels of management and working collaboratively with various groups with potentially disparate objectives.
- Results-oriented, able to quickly sort through information and develop concise and clear and solutions.
- Solid understanding of the US & International regulatory climate and how regulations will impact operational processes.
- Corporate Law degree ideal/optional - or - equivalent work experience.
- Certification as an AML Specialist (CAMS) preferred.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Legal-6+ yrs, Internal Audit, Legal-2-5 yrs, Banking-6+ yrs, Regulatory, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis, Compliance, Banking-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago, AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, July 1, 2017