Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
James D Hapgood
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab’s Move Money Department is a responsible for risk prevention, status confirmation, and education of policies and procedures related to money movement. Our mission is to execute as an elite team of experts, committed to the highest level of satisfaction, by owning every client interaction through clients’ eyes. We provide one call resolution, and protect the clients’ interests from fraud while mitigating risk to the firm. Our support hotline is centralized to assist various departments’ client requests for incoming and outgoing movement of funds. Our collaborative team members carry out our mission to provide the one on one service that Schwab is known for. It is this level of service that differentiates us from our competitors!
What you’ll do:
Team Leads are accountable for facilitating the team’s ability to deliver business results and creating a work environment that promotes employee engagement. This includes helping to provide the information, resources, feedback, coaching and recognition that help employees improve their performance. Team Leads are responsible for assisting in developing necessary process improvements, communications and effective working relationships that establish accountability and positively impact the team, and stakeholders. You will ensure “best in class” service for our branch partners, internal and external clients by: Effectively managing, and coaching others, evaluating risk when reviewing client accounts requesting fund disbursements including but not limited to check requests, check deposits, domestic and international incoming and outgoing wires. Performing work that is detailed and communicated in a clear, effective manner. Actively listen, assess specialists’ and clients’ needs, research information, and provide “outside of the box” solutions. Problem solving and conducting research/special requests through the use of email, telephone and our internal inquiry system. Receiving and effectively resolving escalations to the clients’ satisfaction and take action quickly in a high-risk environment to mitigate risk to the firm. Proactively educate specialists, clients and internal partners on our products and services. Drive business initiatives and results by developing strong partnerships.
What you have:
- 3+ years’ experience in brokerage/financial industry, with emphasis on customer service required.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economic, or business administration or equivalent work experience.
- Passion for service and the desire to help and develop people.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen and to explain complex subjects in simpler terms.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an environment with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to be a role model and mentor to your peers.
- Intermediate to advance technical skills, with the ability to use 7 or more different applications efficiently, including Windows, internet research, database systems, and email.
- Intermediate to advance level of knowledge regarding regulatory, audit and compliance policies regarding the securities industry.
- Excellent operational and follow-up skills with the ability to manage complex work are self- directed, and quickly develop a full understanding of our business.
- Positive attitude, team oriented, enthusiastic, professional, forward thinker and strong work ethic.
- Intermediate to advance technical skills, with the ability to multiple monitors.
- Series 7, 63, 9 & 10 or Condition of Employment required.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Customer Service-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Friday, May 19, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, July 1, 2017