Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM), the asset management arm of Charles Schwab Corporation (Schwab), has approximately $300 billion in assets under management (AUM) and is one of the nation’s largest retail money managers. CSIM provides a wide variety of products ranging from money market funds, index mutual funds, actively managed mutual funds, exchange traded funds and asset allocation fund-of-funds. As a provider of core investment products, CSIM is both an important enabler in fulfilling Schwab’s mission of helping everyone be financially fit and a critical engine in the company’s profitability and growth.
The CSIM Program Office supports business goals through the delivery of projects spanning product development, product management, legal, compliance, marketing, and operations. Our team collaborates across a matrixed organization to deliver business value through efficient, disciplined and predictable project execution of effective solutions to business problems and opportunities.
What you’ll do:
Provide project management for specific Strategy & Product Development (SPD) initiatives. Responsibilities include:
- Identifying stakeholders, resource requirements, complexities, and potential challenges
- Defining and tracking project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Accountable for leading, planning, orchestrating, and delivering projects
- Following up with Business Leads on progress and challenges
- Escalating challenges and key decisions, as needed
- Ensuring end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit
- Directly managing all aspects of the project life cycle and oversees all phases of a project
- Understanding each project’s objective, scope, status, timeline, and resource requirements
- Rigorously manages change to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality
- Anticipating and resolving potential resource conflicts and constraints across projects
- Championing and sharing project management skills with CSIM employees
What you have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the asset management industry with sound knowledge of mutual funds and ETFs
- 3+ years of experience managing or participating in complex programs and projects in the financial services industry
- An ability to quickly build relationships and earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders
- Skills to work with senior executives (and all other levels) in a dynamic workplace
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively
- Highly organized, anticipatory thinker with a bias towards action
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working with ambiguity, championing new ideas and change
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Bachelor's degree required
- PMP certification a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Project Management-2-5 yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs, Investment Management - 2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, CO - Denver
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Friday, May 19, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 24, 2017