Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
At Schwab, the Global Data Technology (GDT) organization leads the strategy, implementation and management of the enterprise data technology. We enable the management of data as assets and the delivery of data along the value-chain across Schwab. We help Marketing, Finance, Risk and various P&Ls make fact-based decisions by integrating and analyzing data as well as operationally leverage data for competitive advantage. Our team delivers innovative client experience capability and rich business insight through robust enterprise data-driven capabilities.
We are looking for a Technical Director, Processes & Finance. This role is responsible for the overall measurement of GDT’s value proposition in quantitative terms and the development of specific internal-customer-facing process improvements:
- GDT TCO model and evolution
- Staffing & Internal Initiative Strategy
- Cost Modeling
- Internal-Customer Value Proposition Measurement (cost reduction, revenue improvement, service improvement, loss avoidance, etc.)
- Internal-Customer-Facing Process Improvement
- Externally-facing financial presentations to EVPs & SVPs
As a result, GDT expects to see:
- Improved budget planning and trade-off analyses Internal cost optimization traceability and accountability
- Operating Leverage expansion as GDT scales Streamlined and consistent customer-facing processes
What you’ll do:
- Analyze and identify budget trends and issues across all GDT cost centers
- Recommend areas of concerns and opportunity for better managing budget
- Develop cost models for GDT internal cost structure improvements such as onshore/offshore mix, work automation, process simplification, functional outsourcing, etc. across different time horizons
- Develop investment analyses for internal and STS-wide cost strategies led or highly influenced by GDT
- Assess key internal-Customer-Facing process pain points
- Launch process improvement initiatives for adoption by operating teams to implement
- Measure process improvement actions and results to tune approach and adoption
- Develop executive presentations to convey cost improvement strategies, progress and investment opportunities
- Develop quantitative value impact presentations for review by EVPs and SVPs
What you have:
- Minimum 5 years finance and/or business operations
- Business functional expertise (e.g., Marketing, Finance, Operations)
- Familiarity with IT cost structures and funding mechanisms
- Cost analytics and cost modeling
- Multi-year investment business case development experience
- Process analysis, modeling and implementation
- Process Workshop facilitation experience such as 6 Sigma and/or Lean
- Executive presentations development and delivery experience
- Senior management presence and emotionally mature with potential to grow into Managing Director position
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with proven track record of ability to communicate to multiple audiences
- Ability to lead by influence, collaboration and negotiation
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Industrial Engineering; MBA preferred
- Open to industry, but required experience in large-scale, services-oriented, global business operating under compliance and regulatory requirements
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Friday, May 19, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, August 20, 2017