Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM), the asset management arm of Charles Schwab Corporation, has approximately $300 Billion in assets under management (AUM) and is one of the nation’s largest retail money managers. CSIM provides a wide variety of products ranging from money market funds, index mutual funds, actively managed mutual funds, exchange traded funds and multi-asset fund-of-funds. As a provider of core investment products, CSIM is both an important enabler in fulfilling Schwab’s mission of helping everyone be financially fit and critical engine in the company’s profitability and growth.
What you’ll do:
The Operations Transformation Manager must be highly knowledgeable in all facets of an investment management firm with a dynamic business model and daily investment activity and regulatory requirements.
Given CSIM’s growth initiatives, there is a need to manage projects within the Operations area as well as across CSIM. Projects can be related to product launches and other product type initiatives (e.g., adding a share class, changing sub-advisers, etc.) to working on the implementation of regulatory changes or improving a process. Significant regulatory changes are expected to impact CSIM for several years to come. Position duties include:
- Managing and directing aspects of the project life cycle
- Being accountable for defining, planning, orchestrating and delivering a given strategic initiative including operational and business deliverables
- Defining and tracking project milestones
- Coordinate project needs across the Operations Team and possibly CSIM wide depending on the initiative
- Managing scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 years of experience in a financial services/investment management
- Working knowledge of finance, operations and regulatory reporting for an asset management company
- Proven project management experience with the ability to deliver on time and within budget
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Proven verbal communication and presentation skills and ability to interact with all levels in the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Technical knowledge a plus
- Strong partnership and influencing skills across all levels
- Curiosity, can-do attitude and the ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, dynamic environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects that vary in scope and complexity simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to change
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Project Management-2-5 yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs, Investment Management - 2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Thursday, May 18, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, June 30, 2017