Lone Tree - CO, BRCOQ4, 9899 Schwab Way, 80124-5377
Christine Marie Mosby
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for over four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice. The Trading and Mutual Fund Technology teams are in the midst of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a motivated junior developer to join our applications development team.
- As a member of the development team you will participate in the design, development, and implementation of Web Applications, RESTful Web Services, Database Procedures, and ETL processes using SSIS and other tools.
- You will also participate in various software engineering projects using advanced development patterns and component-based architecture.
- You will actively collaborate with the team in ongoing product development - design, development, review, integration, test, and deployment activities.
- You possess and will develop the ability to be self-directed and able to work with an extended, distributed team to deliver products in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the team efforts by bringing in ideas and knowledge of latest technologies and techniques and be comfortable working in a fast-paced development environment.
What you have:
You should possess a keen desire and passion to learn and produce usable and scalable software using advanced development technologies. As a developer you will design, develop, and deploy enterprise applications using C# and .NET primarily, that adhere to corporate security and compliance guidelines.
The following qualifications are sought for this technical position:
- Coursework and/or experience developing software in the .NET Framework and/or Java enterprise frameworks.
- Development expertise with the Visual Studio IDE, Knowledge of Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture or MVVM
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methodology is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
Recent and upcoming graduates with a computer science or related background are also invited to apply for this position.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, August 1, 2017