Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Mutual Fund Clearing Services provides mutual fund trading, settlement, and related clearing services to a number of banks, brokerage firms and trust companies. It was created in March 1997 as a way to offer institutions the same robust mutual-fund processing capabilities available to Schwab clients on a direct basis. Our clearing offer allows clients to tap into the processing benefits of mutual fund omnibus processing and capture broader product offerings through our expansive fund offering, while leveraging an efficient “one to one” account operating interface.
What you’ll do:
As a Team Manager in Mutual Fund Clearing Services you will be the leader of a specialized mutual fund operations team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The manager will be responsible for building a cohesive, engaged team. The team manager must have the ability to maintain a good working relationship with our Clearing clients, internal and external business partners, and fund companies. The individual must not only be technically proficient, but also able to deal effectively with client issues, and constantly keep in mind how the client is affected. The manager will be responsible for coordinating team-specific projects within the department, as well as process analysis, risk mitigation and control, and support of new client on-boarding.
What you have:
- 7+ year’s brokerage operations experience within the mutual fund space
- College degree or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years of management experience that has provided the ability to develop a cohesive team of individuals who are able to apply specialized knowledge, skills, and experience within area of expertise, to resolve a wide range of issues
- Ability to build a cohesive team of individuals who are able to apply judgment and technical knowhow to identify creative ways to complete assignments
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks when needed
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders in complex situations in order to arrive at mutually beneficial outcomes
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues independently with little or no guidance
- Strong communication and team-building skills
- Intermediate MS Excel and Access skills
- Licenses: Series 7 a plus. A condition of employment may be extended in unique circumstances where a required license is not yet obtained
- Mutual fund sub accounting experience preferred
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, June 19, 2017