Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
Christine Marie Mosby
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Senior Staff DBA will work hand-in-hand with business analysts, developers, Windows, storage and network engineers to ensure optimal solution, availability, performance and support of Database platforms and Data integration solutions amongst disparate systems. This role will act as a hands-on subject matter expert within the team.
What you’ll do:
The Staff DBA role is responsible for designing and supporting standardized, enterprise-class IT solutions. This individual will be responsible for facilitating, supporting and designing the evolution of infrastructure (principally Microsoft SQL Server in coordination with Windows Server, storage and network). Additional duties may include consulting with application architects on all strategic deployments, generating architectural design documents, generating SSIS packages and SSRS reports and BI platform, and presenting design concepts and solutions to internal customers. Ability to identify process improvements as well as reduce complexity and systemic availability issues is a must.
Candidate must have experience in designing, deploying and supporting high availability Microsoft SQL Server solutions on the Windows Server platform. Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills are a requirement.
What you have:
- Minimum 5 years of MS SQL DBA experience.
- Production Support experience with excellent communication/written communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to handle tasks and function in a fast-paced, demanding, high growth environment, and be customer-service oriented
- Ability to interface with customers (internal & external) and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to understand new technologies quickly
- Ability to work flexible hours as required and participates in on-call rotation.
- SQL upgrades or Data center migration experience is a plus.
- Bachelor degree in Computer science, IT or engineering preferred.
Experienced or Exposure in the following:
- MS SQL 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, SQL 2012, SQL 2016 Enterprise and Standard (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Configuration of SSIS and SSRS.
- Work experience on SSIS and SSRS to create and deploys dtsx packages and Reports.
- Work experience with SSAS
- TSQL and stored procedure development experience
- Installation and configuration of SQL Databases on Windows 2008 and Windows 2012 Standard and Enterprise Editions.
- Database upgrade, Patching & Refresh
- SQL tuning, Data conversion / Migration, Supporting Development, Test and Production System.
- Database maintenance, Database backup and recovery
- Setup and constantly improve maintenance, operational and monitoring processes
- Export/Import Replication, Maintaining back up jobs, Creating Linked Server Objects
- Experience in Database Mirroring, log shipping and DR procedures
- Experience in SQL transactional Replication
- Supporting MS SQL databases in Microsoft clustered environments
- SQL 2012 Availability groups is a plus.
- Powershell and Automation
- Familiarity and experience with Asp.net, C#
- Experience in SQL Sentry / Idera DM/Foglight is plus.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, August 1, 2017