Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuckover 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Through Clients’ Eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
Deposit, Payments, & Retail Credit Risk Management provides risk oversight for the Bank loan portfolios and the Bank and Brokerage deposit portfolios, focusing specifically on Retail Credit Risk Management, and Deposits and Payments Risk Management.
As a Managing Director of Payments Risk, you will lead a team of 2-3 individuals and play a critical role in creating programs to manage risk of loss for emerging new electronic payments channels at Schwab.
What you’ll do:
- Determine the need for, design and/or guide the design of payment activity fraud management, risk thresholds and monitoring as well as approve/decline/review rules
- Leverage previous experience designing transaction decision engine logic
- Drive continuous improvement of existing transaction decision strategies that include the following payment channels: debit card, bill pay, checks, wires and ACH.
- Participate in business strategy and operational process decisions through risk assessments, analytics and scenarios.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Extensive experience in payments fraud management in either a retail banking environment or an online payment management service.
- 5 years of experience managing geographically dispersed teams preferred.
- Thorough understanding of decision engines and decision strategy development.
- Demonstrated ability to guide and direct the efforts of highly analytical teams.
- Understanding of online and mobile banking risk from all perspectives of digital security: authentication, behavioral scoring, etc.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with an emphasis on business case development, including financial aspects.
- Experience preparing and presenting presentations to senior leadership.
- Excellent and proven relationship management skills.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||CA - Anaheim, CO - Lone Tree, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, July 15, 2017