Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
At Schwab, the Global Data Technology (GDT) organization governs the strategy and implementation of the enterprise data warehouse and emerging data platforms. We help Marketing, Finance, Risk and executive leadership make fact-based decisions by integrating and analyzing data. The Global Data Technology organization (GDT) enables a competitive advantage by building out and maintaining capabilities that allows us to quickly capitalize of Schwab’s data assets. Our team delivers innovative client experience capability and rich business insight through robust enterprise data integration.
The GDT team is looking to add a Technical Project Manager who has a passion for delivery excellence and deep experience managing hardware and software currency initiatives. This role with work with platform owners, consumers and partners across Schwab technology to plan, execute and communicate about platform initiatives. Specifically, this role will work the core responsible for identifying, mitigating and, responding to organizational and operational resilience risks as they relate to our Enterprise Data Warehouse. TPM will assist Operations leadership in developing full-year roadmaps for initiatives across the team along with the identification of resource needs to develop and maintain a robust DR/BC solution.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborating and leading technical teams that assumes responsibility for strategy and development, including systems and application development, vendor management and legacy systems integration
- Collaborating with IT management and IT colleagues to translate corporate/functional business and information objectives into an IT strategic/tactical business plan
- Consulting within the IT organization to develop appropriate support for IT-centric projects from various technology and service departments
- Establish project roles, processes and governance controls to effectively manage project initiatives
- Develop formal project plans using tools like Microsoft Project including supporting plans such as communication plans, deployment plans, and test plans Identify partner teams needed to successfully implement initiatives and arrange for those partner team resources to have proper allocations to the initiatives
- Develop forecasted expenditures and establish budgets for each initiative
- Facilitate project status to program rollup for clear and concise executive reporting
- Develop and assist in maintenance of metrics to understand delivery efficacy, quality and the trends for the Operations team
- Manage components of large and/or strategic cross-organizational projects according to established standards, SDLC and delivery processes
- Execute towards a culture of continuous improvement Informally coach and mentor GDT staff in process, approach and standards to improve delivery and project results
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience as a project manager in a large enterprise environment with 3+ years focused on Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity solutions.
- Broad based BC/DR product knowledge
- PMP certification is a plus as is experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Experience using and complying with a formal set of project management standards, templates and processes
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Monday, May 15, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, August 16, 2017