Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Don Carlos Collins
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Compliance Department coordinates the Company’s compliance efforts, and performs an advisory, monitoring, testing, and education role to support management's supervisory responsibility and its efforts to achieve compliance with the financial services industry rules and regulations, and policies of the Company. The Financial Crimes Compliance (FCC) group, which includes the Corporate Anti-Money Laundering Department (AML) and Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU), assists across the firm in the assessment of risk presented to our business units and in the affirmative commitment to comply with all laws and regulations governing the identification and reporting of suspected money laundering activities, as well as activities prohibited by OFAC laws and regulations. The department performs, among other responsibilities, AML transaction monitoring and SAR filing, OFAC screening, as well as advisory and control functions.
What you’ll do:
As a direct report to the Managing Director of the FIU, you will be tasked with the strategy, development and implementation of the BSA/AML/OFAC Department Training Plan, which is informed by Audit and Regulatory findings, AML Testing observations, AML/OFAC Risk Assessment results, and other factors. The Training Managing Director will manage all program requirements, including ensuring that targeted training is completed within the prescribed timeframe and confirm that training is properly delivered on an ongoing basis. The role will require broad subject matter knowledge in BSA/AML and OFAC compliance, an ability to think strategically about risk, and an enthusiasm to identify opportunities to enhance training within the department as well as across the enterprise.
Other responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, facilitate, and coordinate employee training and education for Schwab employees.
- Assist in the firm’s AML training needs assessment process and development of an annual training plan that identifies and tracks targeted AML training completion.
- Enhance the enterprise-wide AML training program by partnering closely with business units and internal departments to develop tailored, specialized and appropriate materials.
- Responsible for coordinating and/or facilitating classroom and web-based training as needed on financial crimes compliance content in conjunction with other Subject Matter Experts (SME). Develop and implement a systematic approach to review programs for effectiveness, as well as streamline programs offered, with the overall goal of developing a set of training programs that consistently deliver results aligned with the Department’s strategies and goals. Trainings created and delivered on emerging financial crimes trends and their red flags may include e-learning modules and PowerPoint presentations.
- Monitor training initiatives, recommending improvements of delivered programs to ensure effectiveness. Coordinates on-the-job training with managers, as needed, providing feedback to mentors.
- Assist in the execution of the annual regulatory compliance training in conjunction with Compliance Department partners.
- Use a high level of professional knowledge, experience and analytical criteria to identify BSA/AML/OFAC training opportunities to reduce compliance risk and ensures that proper controls, procedures, processes are being observed.
- Design and develop Best Practice guidelines for the expansion of training for standardization.
What you have:
- Experience in the financial services industry (banking and/or securities) with awareness of BSA/AML compliance or Risk Management, the current anti-money laundering regulatory landscape and criminal activity relevant to securities businesses such as securities fraud, insider trading, and market manipulation among others.
- Results-oriented and able to quickly sort through information and develop concise and clear strategies and solutions.
- An ability to understand business line operations, products/services, systems, and associated risks/controls.
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team while balancing competing priorities, workload and deadlines.
- Seven to ten years of experience in an applicable risk management environment.
- Master's Degree considered a plus.
- Certified AML Specialist (CAMS) and/or Certified Financial Crime Specialist (ACFCS).
- Fraud and Cybersecurity knowledge considered a plus.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Monday, May 15, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, June 16, 2017