Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Model Development Group within Treasury develops and uses models to forecast capital, liquidity and investment yield under business-as-usual and stress scenarios. Most notably, these modeling approaches and assumptions are scenario-sensitive for the CCAR / DFAST modeling efforts; Treasury expects to develop, maintain, and assess a large number of models as part of this effort. The Model Developer is an individual contributor and develops Treasury’s models and documentation in accordance with model risk management and data governance requirements.
The Model Developer reports to the Senior Team Manager of Treasury Model Development and will ensure the development and documentation of all Treasury models and calculators are in accordance with the corporation’s model risk management standards. The work is performed across departmental lines, the Treasury organization and under tight deadlines. Treasury seeks an action-oriented, strategic thinker with broad banking, treasury and investment knowledge and demonstrated experience developing and documenting models and calculators. The Model Developer must be able to prioritize, communicate and collaborate to build relationships across Treasury, driving Treasury model development and documentation tasks to successful completion.
What you’ll do:
- Develop Treasury models which may include but is not limited to: securitized fixed-income product investment yields, on/off-balance sheet balances, number of security trades, new account acquisition, etc.
- Ensure the development and documentation of Treasury models and calculators are in accordance with the corporation’s model risk management standards across departmental lines
- Build relationships across Treasury, driving Treasury model, and calculator documentation tasks to successful completion
- Assist in development & implementation of processes that ensure Treasury models and calculators are documented in accordance with and adhere to corporate model risk management standards
- Review and ensure compliance with the relevant Risk and Control Self-Assessment
- Ensure proper remediation of process improvements, including self-identified, audit, and regulatory matters;
- Contribute research to complex studies regarding capital, liquidity, investment yields and market risk factors
- Communicate and coordinate with regulatory liaison office and banking regulators, as needed
- Ensure compliance with all related policies and procedures
What you have:
- A Master’s degree in statistics, econometrics, engineering or mathematics required (advanced degree preferred);
- Demonstrated knowledge of econometrics model development and quantitative analysis;
- At least two years of financial industry work experience, including fixed-income securities modeling or trading experience preferred;
- Some experience and subject matter knowledge of related regulatory subject matter, including documenting models and calculators preferred;
- Strong analytical skills and working knowledge of modeling tools preferred, for example SAS, MATLAB, C, VBA and R;
- Demonstrated ability to create, maintain and query complex data structures using database platforms, for example SQL;
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and demonstrated experience;
- High attention to detail;
- A team player.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-less than 2 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Regulatory, Risk Analysis, Banking-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Monday, May 15, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, July 1, 2017