Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
At Schwab, the Storage and Data Protection Engineering (SDPE) team is responsible for the architecture and engineering of enterprise storage and data protection solutions. We are looking for a talented and dynamic technical leader willing to drive transformation initiatives, platform modernization, and systems optimization efforts in accordance with the strategy for the broader technology organization. Candidates must be subject matter experts in the technology stack and have the leadership skills to build consensus around technical direction at all levels of the organization.
What you’ll do:
As an architect, you will be responsible for providing vision, design, and leadership to the technology teams responsible for enterprise storage and data protection infrastructure. You will play a critical role in building the next-generation storage platform and establishing modern data protection services for the organization.
What you have:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or Engineering
- 12+ years of experience working with enterprise storage and backup and recovery technology
- 10+ years of experience architecting large scale, highly available infrastructure environments
- 5+ years of experience architecting or engineering data protection solutions
- Extensive experience with object storage and cloud storage technology is a must
- Experience architecting and / or engineering private, hybrid, or public cloud storage platforms is a plus
- Deep understanding of virtualization technologies and converged infrastructure
- Ability to be self-directed and interact with technology and business partners at all levels
- Demonstrated strategic thinker with the ability to develop long term plans and effectively execute
- Experience with Agile development, techniques and methodologies and with CI/CD
- Strong collaborative, cooperative and motivational approach to leadership
- Equivalent experience at a comparable corporation in terms of size and complexity
- Systems documentation skills including RFP generation, response analysis and findings presentation
- Strong leadership abilities to work both within the technology organization and with external business partners
- Experience in ROI and Business Case development
- Experience in Financial Services a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, May 11, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, March 6, 2018