Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Core Middleware Platforms team within Schwab designs, develops and supports Middleware platforms responsible for a variety of mission-critical platforms, including:
- Authentication Platform
- Enterprise Service Bus
- Enterprise Messaging Service
What you’ll do:
Schwab is recruiting to hire a driven, results-oriented software technical lead who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests. The Sr. Staff Java Engineer will be a hands-on lead developer that excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and Agile environment and is passionate about developing high quality, high performance, and scalable software. You will be part of the Core Middleware Platforms team that designs, develops and supports Middleware platforms responsible for a variety of mission-critical platforms, including Authentication, Enterprise Service Bus and Enterprise Messaging Platform.
This role is split 50% design & leading the team, 50% development, and will require the successful candidate to be responsible for individual coding contributions in addition to their team leadership responsibilities. The candidate will work with a team of seasoned engineers whose main objective is to maintain all aspects of the overall Agile development lifecycle and ensure the on-time, quality delivery of software product releases.
What you have:
- Lead team in execution of development and delivery of the organization’s software products to QA, and ultimately to Production
- Manage day-to-day activities and influence team members to leverage, follow and support Agile software development practices
- Interface with product owner and key stakeholders in Project Management, Business, QA and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget
- Work with Scrum Master and product owner to provide development sizing & cost analysis estimates
- Work closely with product owner and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as test driven development to achieve software quality standards
- Support SSO integration efforts to connect systems from various areas internal and external to Schwab
- Support release manager to assemble releases and drive improvements in the release process
- Assist Scrum Master in resolving needs and roadblocks identified by team members
- Ensure the coordination of individual team deliverables are synchronized as necessary to achieve product releases
- Provide hands-on development and mentoring as necessary for other members of the development team
- Identify technology risks early and establish mitigation plans
- Create artifacts for each project such as Software Architecture documentation, Technical Use Cases, and Code Review Packages
- Meet periodically with onshore and offshore developers to review and improve code quality, requirements specification and design methodologies
- Prototype, validate and create specific application solutions for the business
- BS/BA/MS in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- Minimum 8+ years’ of software development experience, 5+ year’s team leadership experience
- Experience with on-line security for user authentication
- Hands-on experience with SAML and OAuth solutions
- Strong experience developing/managing REST and SOAP-based Web Service API(s) in a transaction processing environment
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Expert in object oriented analysis, SOA, design patterns, development, implementation and maintenance
- Proficient building server-side applications utilizing Java (J2EE)
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Good understanding of latest Architecture and Development Standards and Guidelines
- Experience providing guidance, direction, and feedback to other technical staff in order to meet agreed upon objectives
- Ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost effective, quality solutions for all issues or problems within area of responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various level of technical and non-technical management
- Proficiency in managing multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Cloud experience is a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, August 10, 2017