Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Through Clients’ Eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
Model Risk Management is a strategic function within Corporate Risk Management that utilizes a broad spectrum of models to create innovative products for our clients, and to prudently manage our financial risk using sophisticated quantitative approaches. The Model Risk Management team plays a key role in identifying, reviewing, and monitoring all the models at the company.
As a Senior Quantitative Analyst you will conduct model validations and make additional contributions to the Model Risk Management team. You will participate in several model governance activities in business areas including regulatory capital stress testing (CCAR/DFAST and Advanced Approaches), decision science, and investment management.
What you’ll do:
- Perform model validations following guidelines based on SR 11-7, to include an assessment of model usage, documentation, conceptual soundness, data integrity, the control environment, and the software environment.
- Present work through formal model validation reports, as well as through presentations to model owners and senior management.
- Work effectively as a team member with other Quantitative Analysts within the company, as well as with external consultants.
- Evaluate model performance monitoring reports and conduct model annual reviews.
What you have:
- Prior experience with machine learning and other decision science techniques is highly desirable.
- Strong quantitative aptitude along with a good understanding of how financial models are used in a business context.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline and 5+ years of work experience in quantitative modeling preferred.
- PhD preferred.
- Experience with financial predictive modeling disciplines, such as econometric forecasting, alpha and risk models for investment products, Monte Carlo analysis, decision science, and machine learning is required.
- Advanced level of proficiency with analytical tools, such as SAS, R, MATLAB, Python, or EViews is required.
- Knowledge of regulatory stress testing (CCAR/DFAST) and model governance requirements for banks is preferred.
- Experience with financial data providers, such as FactSet, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters or Capital IQ is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago, CO - Lone Tree, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, August 1, 2017