Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Through Clients’ Eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
In Corporate Risk Management, we provide an integrated risk management strategy that supports the delivery of predictable financial and operational performance in order to produce successful client and shareholder outcomes. We are organized around six primary functions: Bank Risk, Enterprise Risk, Information Security Risk, Market and Investment Risk, Model Risk and Operational Risk. Within each of these areas, we develop a framework for how much risk we are willing to accept as a firm and establish processes for identifying, evaluating, measuring, monitoring and reporting against that framework.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Data, Infrastructure and Reporting within the Corporate Operational Risk department of Charles Schwab, in this role you will be responsible for working in a matrixed environment and will partner heavily with Third Party Risk Management to assist in the production and maturation of reporting and metrics related to third party risk. You will collaborate with Corporate Vendor Management and other groups to develop and improve processes in line with firm standards, with an objective of driving holistic interconnectedness between third-party risks and other risk disciplines and 2nd line functions.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Third Party Risk Management to:
- Design and execute processes for the collection of data including but not limited to: sourcing data, reviewing existing processes and data availability, and building extracts.
- Review data with key stakeholders in an effort to develop, mature and report metric-related vendor information across the firm and multiple legal entities.
- Complete reporting and analysis projects to derive meaningful data insights and detect anomalies by developing processes and visualization tools.
- Strategically work to connect third party risk data to all other applicable risk data within the firm through various efforts including system enhancements, process redesign, and strategic partnership
- Work with the Corporate Operational Risk, Data, Infrastructure and Reporting team to assist with needs that arise due to the dynamic business environment
What you have:
- Advanced Excel skills including Visual Basic
- Moderate to advanced SQL experience
- Understanding of a relational data model and experience in data extraction across multiple related objects/tables
- Previous work experience with reporting and Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau
- 5+ years of experience in a role working as a key member of a project team
- Ability to exercise independent judgment with strong analytical skills
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate and interact with different business partners;
- Experience working in a dynamic environment where demands and methods are constantly changing
- Self-motivated with the ability to bring projects to conclusion
- Ability to manage and execute against multiple initiatives
- Risk Management experience is desirable
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, May 5, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, July 1, 2017