San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Debra Andrea Mandell
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Corporate Real Estate (CRE) provides safe, reliable and effective facilities that support the Company’s business needs. We oversee a portfolio of over 5 million square feet consisting of over 330 offices. Our services include facility management, property management, project management, design, construction, transaction management and lease administration.
CRE is looking for a Regional Facilities Manager to join our team. This full-time position will be based at our headquarters location in San Francisco, CA.
- The position will face challenging work, overseeing a 350,000 square foot high-rise headquarters building and several retail type branches (approximately 10 sites) scattered across San Francisco and the North Bay.
- The use of technology and computer platforms is critical to the success of the candidate.
What you’ll do:
- Own the Relationship(s) with assigned locations / Preventative & Corrective Maintenance / On-site inspections / Project Coordination ensuring a total ownership of the assigned locations
- Demonstrate financial ability to develop and manage operational and capital budgets; create and implement savings initiatives across the portfolio and have financial responsibility for annual operating / maintenance budgets
- Build & maintain relationships with the client groups, specifically Retail Branch Managers, Branch staff, Corporate Management & internal staff
- Own & Manage Landlord / Property Management relationships ensuring & enforcing compliance with the lease agreements for Retail Branch locations within the assigned portfolio
- Actively monitor & ensure cost effective, timely response to emergency & urgent requests within approved Service Level Agreements (SLA's)
- Actively monitor & ensure cost effective timely completion of routine preventative & corrective maintenance within approval SLA's
- Ensure adherence to all national & regional contracts supporting the Retail Branch including contracts SLA's, warranty & expense
- Conduct routine on-site inspections to ensure clean, professional, well maintained facilities that effectively represent the Schwab Company brand (moderate travel required)
- Effectively utilize the on-site visit to enhance & maintain relationships with Branch Managers, Office Managers, Office Managers, Landlords, Property Management Companies & supporting vendors
- Managers, Landlords, Property Management Companies & supporting vendors
- Oversee all major R&M projects, Capital Projects and Space build outs within the assigned portfolio
- Provide comprehensive Project Coordination services within the assigned portfolio
- Ensure all critical aspects of the project related construction, project coordination and completion are addressed promptly and in a professional, cost effective manner with all of the project scope, budget and schedule objectives satisfied
- Participate with Schwab CRE and its design resources regarding branch space planning needs, project scope definition, overall design and project planning
- Ensure superior Client service to Branch Managers / Office Managers and their teams
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in facility management, project management, client relations, and budget development and management
- Assume full responsibility for the operations, financial management, and client relations at assigned locations
- Work and manage relationships with other commercial real estate property management companies at leased sites
- Ensure adherence and enforce the terms ensure compliance will all lease agreements
- Actively assess, report, process, & track potential risk management issues
- Work with Portfolio Directors, Design & Construction, building owners and brokers on potential lease tours, associated fit-out costs and moving logistics
- Analyze site capabilities and limitations; evaluate facility alternatives proposed in order to recommend the most effective long-range plan solution with integrating client needs
What you have:
- Four year college/university degree required; or at least 10 years+ of facility management experience including at least 2 years at the level of Facility Manager
- CFM, FMA, RPA industry certifications highly recommended;
- Must have both breadth and depth of experience in all facets of property operation and building management.
- Experience managing mid-high rise properties
- Excellent technical, interpersonal, and analytical skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required.
- Must be familiar and proficient with personal computers and PC based software such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
You Demonstrate These Behaviors:
Problem solving and decision making
Taking prompt action
Promoting new ideas
Focus on tasks
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Thursday, May 4, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 24, 2017